mtbr member

Going to Orlando,Fl

Hello,

I'm planning a trip for this weekend to orlando. I was told about the big tree park, i'm trying to get some information about the trails and stuff but cant seem to find anything that will help me plan a biking trip.

Anyways I'll be in the Orlando area so if anyone has any suggestions about trails, they will be appreciated.

I'm planning to take my bike, but I'll need to rent some bikes for the people coming with me.

bust a move
    The big tree park that I know of (near Longwood) is next to a paved urban bike path. There are only a couple of mtb rides in the Orlando area. Soldiers park (winter springs) and Little Big Econlockhatchee (chuluota) and neither are very good rides (imo). Santos (near Ocala) is probably the best in the state and is about 90 minutes north. There are other good rides about that far to the south also, Alafia river state park, Balm-Boyette preserve and Loyce Harp park near Lakeland. Hope that helps

mtbr member
    Thank you, I did found information about Santos Trail and I'm hopefully going there. Do you know if theres a bike rental nearby?

mtbr member
    Thanks for the info. kevingp

bust a move
    Greenway Bicycles

Directly across from the entrance. They are a very good bike shop!

Do not miss any red trails (esp. vortex trail). There is more than 75 miles of goodness

Enjoy

mtbr member
    Thanks!

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    +1 for Santos
    Greenway has GT, Jamis, Niner Mountain bikes for day rentals
    Santos Bike bike around the corner has Giant & Cannondale rentals
    Brick City has Specialized & Santa Cruz
    Not sure if Top Gear does Rentals but they carry Rocky Mountain and Felt you could call (352) 390-6342

Crap just saw this was 2 weeks ago.. o Well my b

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    I had a blast at santos. Like it has been said, dont miss the red trails. Santos is a bit weird, where the reds are hard and the blues are a bit easy. Vortex was great.

mtbr member
    Thats right i really enjoyed my time there. But I agree there are reds which are somewhat hard then theres others that are really hard but all the blues that i rode where super easy. I think i did most of the blues and yellows and a couple of red trails. Tried to skip yellows anyway.

I even rented a couple of bikes at the santos bike shop. Didnt liked that theres a $1k deposit per bike, but the store was right at the trail and the guys there where really helpful.