Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Jan 2011

Alaska Beach Riding near Homer.

Fat bikers hit the beach in Southcentral AK.

Fatbikealaska.com
    Last edited by Sewered Rider; 04-04-2012 at 09:17 AM. Reason: fixed it
    Guided Mt. Bike Tours on Alaska's Kenai Peninsula
    www.sewardbiketours.com

Jan 2011

Album of Alaska beach riding

^ my photos didn't load, heres a public link.

Life's a beach and then you ride. | Facebook
    Guided Mt. Bike Tours on Alaska's Kenai Peninsula
    www.sewardbiketours.com

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    hong kong

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    For those who rode St Lucia, was it worth it? Im going in January and was wondering if the Bike St Lucia company was worth a visit. The website really doesnt give much info let alone pricing.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bctrav View Post
    For those who rode St Lucia, was it worth it? Im going in January and was wondering if the Bike St Lucia company was worth a visit. The website really doesnt give much info let alone pricing.
    I haven't been yet, but I'll be going on a cruise soon and planning to try it out for a day. Here's the breakdown on cost (quote from their email):

"Our Jungle Biking™ tour includes the bike & helmet (Cannondale F800 Leftys), bottle of water, all transportation, snorkeling in the marine park, beach amenities, nature/historical trails and an excellent lunch which includes salad and veg bars and a choice of BBQ chicken or Fresh Catch of the Day. The cost is US$115"

When they say transportation, they will pick up from the Ferry Dock (near cruise ships) at 8:45 and return you there at 4 p.m. They also have some other non-biking tours, which I think my wife and daughter will do while my son and I hit the trails. The site for those is: Jungle Reef Adventures - St. Lucia's Premium Adventure Sports Tours - Home

I'll post an update after our trip.
    I ride at night - see my tips for Night Cycling
    My Blog: Cycling For Beginners

Pedaler
    We have been adding some pretty awesome tours lately at BikeToursDirect. We have tours in New Zealand, Nepal, Scotland, Namibia, and lots of other places (Too many to list).

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bctrav View Post
    This was about 10 years ago. The trails were nice but the bikes were rough. Hopefully they had upgraded but the drive trains on most of our 4 bikes were badly worn. Bad shifting, chains skipping on climbs, etc. At that time we were the only ones there that day.

Snorkeling was average. Tough for me to judge as we are used to seeing much more while scuba diving. Food was good.

To answer your question: Yes, it was worth it and I would do it again. I would also make sure to do a good test ride before heading off into the jungle.
    Last edited by likeaboss; 11-13-2012 at 11:44 AM.

Pedaler
    I work for Bike Tours Direct. We represent local tour companies all over the world. This keeps prices down and gives you the benefit of having a local guide showing you around. We have been adding all kinds of awesome tours recently. Here is a video of a tour from one of our operators in Scotland. You will probably recognize some of the riders...

I just remembered that I posted something two spots up. Forgive me for the repetitiveness. But do watch the video..

I guess I am still learning the ways of the Forums...
    Last edited by Nimblewill; 11-21-2012 at 09:14 AM. Reason: accidental repost

banned
    Mar 2005
    Some fun rides that I've enjoyed:

Khyber Pass from Jalalabad to Peshawar
    Kashmir, from Srinagar to Pahalgam, then up the trail to the shrine
    Costa Brava and the Basque Country between France and Spain
    The back roads from San Rafael to Cannes
    The roads from Ajaccio to Bonafacio on Corsica
    The trails around Sheffield between San Antonio and El Paso...nice ride along the Pecos
    The trails from Albuquerque to Santa Fe along the Turquoise Trail.
    The Mountain Trail above Fort Bliss in El Paso

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    There are many, but if i choose one then i think Tenerife, and puerto rico..

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Torres Del Paine, Chile.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails exotic and unlikely mountain bike destinations-563078_278349095599450_1600192434_n.jpg  

exotic and unlikely mountain bike destinations-399899_3025194402639_1026481679_n.jpg  

exotic and unlikely mountain bike destinations-480967_4884583590485_541154588_n.jpg  

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Thailand! I was there for a climbing trip and the place was amazing. Krabi is an island paradise south west of thailand that offers all types of adventure sports. I was there to soak on the sand and climb the awesome limestone lines but I had friends that biked around the island and loved it. For more serious mountain biking, head up north to Chang Mai. Great scenery and amazing mountain biking trails, highly recommended.

mtbr member
    Timor Leste, done the Tour de Timor twice and loved it !
    Was booked to go to the Wakhan corridor, Afghanistan , in July but couldnt get the numbers so its cancelled

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BeginnerCycling View Post
    I haven't been yet, but I'll be going on a cruise soon and planning to try it out for a day. Here's the breakdown on cost (quote from their email):

"Our Jungle Biking™ tour includes the bike & helmet (Cannondale F800 Leftys), bottle of water, all transportation, snorkeling in the marine park, beach amenities, nature/historical trails and an excellent lunch which includes salad and veg bars and a choice of BBQ chicken or Fresh Catch of the Day. The cost is US$115"

When they say transportation, they will pick up from the Ferry Dock (near cruise ships) at 8:45 and return you there at 4 p.m. They also have some other non-biking tours, which I think my wife and daughter will do while my son and I hit the trails. The site for those is: Jungle Reef Adventures - St. Lucia's Premium Adventure Sports Tours - Home

I'll post an update after our trip.
    A bit delayed, but finally posted an article on my blog about the mountain bike tour in St. Lucia:

Mountain Biking in St. Lucia « Cycling For Beginners

It was a lot of fun!
    I ride at night - see my tips for Night Cycling
    My Blog: Cycling For Beginners

Sacred Rides

My vote is for Nepal!

I've been lucky to travel all over the world with my MTB tour company, Sacred Rides. In 17 years, nothing has quite compared to biking in Nepal. Peru comes a pretty close 2nd!
    Keep ridin',

Mike Brcic, customer happiness manager,
    Sacred Rides Mountain Bike Adventures
    http://www.sacredrides.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2013

No known cure
    I spent the last two weeks in August riding around the desolute backcountry of Iceland solo. And when it was raining, I partied like a rock star in Reykjavik. I planned to go surfing too but the conditions were poor.
    Ripping trails and tipping ales

Sacred Rides

Azores!

exotic and unlikely mountain bike destinations-mount-barrosa-azores-_web.jpg

Amazing DH riding, with beaches and ocean never far away!

http://sacredrid.es/1lFpASR
    Keep ridin',

Mike Brcic, customer happiness manager,
    Sacred Rides Mountain Bike Adventures
    http://www.sacredrides.com

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    I am biased, but definitely Tenerife!!!

just ask Jerome Clementz...

Hit me up when you come this way!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2