• 04-30-2012
    Helmetless
    Quote:

Originally Posted by assas1n View Post
    Im "G Byrne" on Bikemontt forum, just saw the video you posted there about this trip.

Hey G Byrne, there you are! :D Can you please send me the link of what you're watching - I didn't have idea a video of it was posted up. Maybe someone else's trip (?) Me blurry:confused:
  • 04-30-2012
    assas1n
    You are right, it wasnt your video, here is the link anyway:

Ruta del Cóndor (Alfalfal - Ermita) - YouTube
  • 04-30-2012
    Helmetless
    Quote:

Originally Posted by assas1n View Post
    You are right, it wasnt your video, here is the link anyway:

Ruta del Cóndor (Alfalfal - Ermita) - YouTube

That's Ruben Nass & company. Great all rounders. Nice video.

Would love to record a trip to El Condor, that would be awesome. Feel free to add me on facebook so we can organize some pedalling there.
  • 05-01-2012
    SFChristo
    That's a nice video! I didn't get to do Ruta del Condor this year (I just left SCL a few days ago) but I am going back to Chile in November for another southern summer. Will definitely do it next year; maybe one of the Bikemontt rides.
  • 05-01-2012
    assas1n
    Quote:

Originally Posted by fselker View Post
    I may travel to Chile in June or July - are there any areas that are still good for mountain biking at that time of year? My preference is single-track long scenic rides, fine with technical and climbing. Also would not want to do it alone but it seems that tours are not offered that time of year. Any clubs that I might contact? Thanks a ton. Unfortunately, I do not speak Spanish.

Ofcourse, theres plenty of trails around Santiago (capital) which behave very good in winter conditions :)
  • 05-02-2012
    Helmetless
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SFChristo View Post
    That's a nice video! I didn't get to do Ruta del Condor this year (I just left SCL a few days ago) but I am going back to Chile in November for another southern summer. Will definitely do it next year; maybe one of the Bikemontt rides.

You're welcome to join our group next summer. I'll put a bus and a trailer for the bikes, would be awesome a november trip to el condor, plenty of water and a not-so-harmful sunlight
  • 10-14-2012
    Helmetless
    10 Attachment(s)
    I am actually planning this trip, so if there is any interested on doing it, please send me a PM or just reply right here.

More pics

Beginning at Copec
  • 10-14-2012
    Helmetless
    10 Attachment(s)
    Alfalfal stop and start point to climb up
  • 10-14-2012
    Helmetless
    10 Attachment(s)
    Uphill :)
  • 10-14-2012
    Helmetless
    6 Attachment(s)
    While uphill, we rendez-vous with another team sharing some comments about the trail.

As they were pros, we had to split up later on :(
  • 10-14-2012
    Helmetless
    10 Attachment(s)
    Lunch time at McDonalds towers and then, that insane final uphill to the toppy!!!
  • 10-14-2012
    Helmetless
    9 Attachment(s)
    Final checks before the first, non technical descending part until Queseria stable (when I think of it then I remember why I love it so much!!!)
  • 10-14-2012
    Helmetless
    8 Attachment(s)
    leaving Queseria, small pause descending an easy part, and then... rockin' down! Downhill part (sorry, no pics of the exciting part are available because we were having epic time so badly that we forgot to get some memories), scenery for beginning of downhill and the Grand Finale eating pizza at Copec gas station. Good times.
  • 10-19-2012
    SFChristo
    Helmetless,
    I am landing in Santiago on November 8th. When are you thinking about organizing this ride? I cannot do it on Nov 10th because I have to take care of some other things (and I will have jet-lag) but if it's any time after that, I would love to join you guys.

I'll check BikeMontt too, I have not been on there in a while.

Chris
  • 10-19-2012
    Helmetless
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SFChristo View Post
    Helmetless,
    I am landing in Santiago on November 8th. When are you thinking about organizing this ride? I cannot do it on Nov 10th because I have to take care of some other things (and I will have jet-lag) but if it's any time after that, I would love to join you guys.

I'll check BikeMontt too, I have not been on there in a while.

Chris

Hey Chris,

It's been a while... well, we are not yet organized, but we'll arrange this for December because of the weather. Normally we would have to have clear skies and temperatures up to 30°c, but we still have winter-like season. Let's blame El NIÑO PHENOMENON which keep things delayed. So there's plenty of snow up there and, although rideable, a November ride is not as enjoyable as a December ride.

So now the question is, how long you plan to stay in Chile
  • 10-20-2012
    SFChristo
    Perfecto. I will be in Chile for five and a half months, so I can probably do a December ride. I may be in Viña or somewhere else by then, but I can just drive back to Santiago for this!
  • 10-20-2012
    Helmetless
    Excellent!!! Will keep u posted as things get done
  • 12-03-2012
    Helmetless
    Hi all, I have a wrist sprain now and ordered to rest until end of year.

SFChristo! Check bikemontt, there are lots of great groups going to El Condor during December. Hoping you are taking advantage of our beautiful country now
  • 12-03-2013
    slimphatty
    Hi mtbr, I'm going to go visit my brother march 19th to april 9th. I would have to rent a bike and gear or maybe borrow. I love all types of riding but prefer downhill. Just looking to meet some cool people, ride bikes, drink some beers and make new friends. I'm 26 years old and speak fluent spanish. Thanks mtbr!