mtbr member
    Jun 2010

Early November trip to .... anywhere.

So, I won a free round trip plane ticket to anywhere in the US that I have to use before the end of the year. My wife is packing up our two kids the first weekend of November and heading to her home, leaving me able to go anywhere I like for that weekend. I am trying to figure out where I should go riding for the weekend.

My thoughts so far are Seattle, Portland, North Carolina or Southern California. I am having trouble deciding which one to go to because they all sounds awesome and fun

My questionis where would you go? What kind of tempatures and weather can I expect in each of these area during that time?

dog's best friend
    May 2004
    Coming from where? What kind of riding do you want to do?

I would opt for the SouthWest in November, Flastaff or Sedona. You might get rained out in Seattle or Portland

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    I'd go with the Southwest.... Utah or Arizona.

Moab and Fruita (CO) should be ideal that time of year. I'm planning on being in St. George, UT the last weekend of October, it should be perfect.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    So Cal probably best bet. Phoenix area should be temperant and has great riding(South Mtn Park is sick).

Pedaler
    The southern Appalachians has some amazing riding. Anywhere in Pisgah, Chattanooga and you may want to check out MulberryGap as well.

mtbr member
    Very good chance that Seattle, Portland, and Eugene could be very wet. I'd go to Utah. Oh wait, I will be going to Utah in November.
    "if you can't be good, be good at it."

mtbr member
    +1 for Moab, perfect riding weather in November, low 60s usually. shorter days though is the only downfall but plenty of daylight to get great riding in.

Moab, Utah Weather and Climate Information

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    We ride all year long in Pisgah. The weather is mild most of the time in North Carolina. November is really nice because the leaves have fallen and the trails get really smooth and packed down then. Daytime temps range in the 40's to the 60's. If it is sunny, you will be fine. If it happens to snow, it will usually melt by noon that day and the trails will dry within a day as well. The singletrack here is some of the best in the country. We have technical trails, smooth and fast flow trails, long climbs, you name it. Enjoy your trip and consider North Carolina and the Asheville area in the future. Take care and keep riding! Home - Pisgah Mountain Bike Adventures

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Try riding the Sierra Mountains in So-Cal. Perhaps Cannell Plunge outside Kernville. I think you can still get up there before the big snow hits but that can quickly change. Weather is always a factor at this altitude, but there is so much good riding in the Southern Sierra's it has to be on your to-do list!

mtbr member
    San Diego. Mission trails, trails around Rose and Tecolote canyon to downtown, Anderson Truck Trail and Noble Canyon. It's crystal clear and beautiful. Stay downtown or on Point Loma. Stay at the Inn at Sunset Cliffs. innatsunsetcliffs.com You can ride down the cliffs from the hotel. There are jumps and cliffside trails...

San Diego is awesome.

mk

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by trailbildr View Post
    San Diego. Mission trails, trails around Rose and Tecolote canyon to downtown, Anderson Truck Trail and Noble Canyon. It's crystal clear and beautiful. Stay downtown or on Point Loma. Stay at the Inn at Sunset Cliffs. innatsunsetcliffs.com You can ride down the cliffs from the hotel. There are jumps and cliffside trails...

San Diego is awesome.

mk
    Ha-ha-ha!!! I live in San Diego as well and if I had friends coming out here, I would never suggest that the ride Mission Trails, Rose or Tecolote Canyon. I'm with you on Noble Cyn though I do agree that flying out here for our weather is a good call. I agree with the others and would head for Arizona or Southern Utah at the moment.