mtbr member
    Nov 2009

Cross Country Road Trip: Best Places to See?

I teach in SoCal and have summer vacation coming up. I plan on leaving on a cross country road trip in a couple of weeks. I will split time sleeping in my Element and staying in cheap hotels. I will also be bringing my MTB.

If you could visit anywhere (national parks, hidden gems, byways, MTB trails, etc.), where would you go? What are the favorite places you have been to? Looking to avoid big cities for the most part (and the South for the most part). I definitely want to see Colorado, but outside of that?

I have been to Sedona/Zion already.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by BikeThePlanet View Post
    I teach in SoCal and have summer vacation coming up. I plan on leaving on a cross country road trip in a couple of weeks. I will split time sleeping in my Element and staying in cheap hotels. I will also be bringing my MTB.

If you could visit anywhere (national parks, hidden gems, byways, MTB trails, etc.), where would you go? What are the favorite places you have been to? Looking to avoid big cities for the most part (and the South for the most part). I definitely want to see Colorado, but outside of that?

I have been to Sedona/Zion already.
    A buddy and I did a great cross country trip with our bikes without an itinerary. We went where curiosity led us and then googled the bike shop in the nearest town to where we were, explained what we were up to, and asked where would the they ride? We got steered to great places the whole way. It was excellent!