mtbr member
    May 2011

Coast to Coast - mtb - St Bees to Robin Hoods Bay Advice Please!!

Hello,

Just a quick question.

I am looking to do the coast to coast st bees to robin hoods bay, off road route in august

I know that there are multiple variations of the route and in turn many guides available. Tim Woodcocks being the one that keeps cropping up.

I am concerned that i have heard from a couple of people that alot of the Tim Woodcocks can be un-ridable.

I am planning the trip solo and aiming for 4 days to complete it as its my first time, i have heard it can be done in 3 days, maybe next time. That said i cant leave anything to chance and wondered if anyone know of any other guides, websites or if possible you have ridden the route and what guide you used etc.

I regularly ride the blakey section of the route as my family have a cottage in rosedale abbey (awesome riding, defo check it out)

P.s I don't want to buy the trip as a package or anything like that.

all advice welcome

Cumbria, England.
    Hi, I'm sure you can buy a guidebook that comes in a plastic wallet for around a fiver, it covers the Woodcock route in detail.
    Did you know there's a c2c website? Here's a link with some info on what you're looking for. Scroll down to a post by Rapid72. Link.

Hope this helps and good luck, DF.
    Last edited by D45yth; 05-26-2011 at 01:11 PM.
    - The seasons blow away, but the love is just the same -