PBR
    mtbr member
    Jul 2013

Bikes & Breweries?

Does there exist a vacation which includes biking all day with a destination of a brewery at night (close to the trail)? We used to be able to do it in NE Ohio with the Thirsty Dog near Medina but it closed down and since then I haven't really found anything. Ideas?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Bikes & Breweries?

In Durango you can take your pick of rides from town and then again take your pick of brewery's as soon as you are done.

PBR
    mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Durango, CO? I am heading to Denver in July, will have to make it a point to stop out.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Bikes & Breweries?

That would be the place

PBR
    mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Excellent thank you for the reply. I'll hit it up when I go out there. I'll also update this thread with what I find if anyone else is interested.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Bikes & Breweries?

Great. I am there right now. Last weekend of skiing. Unfortunately my wife talked me out of bringing my bike because it is absolutely beautiful right now

mtbr member
    whistler brewery is right by a ton of awesome trails, train wreck+sproatt flank trail heads like a couple hundred feet from it lol

2006 Yeti AS-X
    There are 2 breweries I have been to in Moab. 1 (maybe 2) in Fruita. 3 breweries in Grand Junction. Trails out the yang yang.

Grand Junction - My favorite two are 1) Kannah Brewery and 2) Rockslide Brewery
    Fruita - Suds Brothers.
    Moab - Moab Brewery.
    I don't use Strava. Don't need an application to tell me I am slow because I already know.

mtbr member
    Brevard/Asheville NC. Awesome riding and lots of breweries!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Bend, Oregon. We have 10 breweries within riding distance of the trails and a few more a little further out. We even have the beer bus and cyclepub to take you around to all the breweries if you are too tired out from riding too much.
    Moving to Bend? Let me help.
    Derek Faller - www.BendHouseSeller.com

PBR
    mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Just wanted to throw this in here that I reached out to a few bike shops in areas where I'd like to visit and THICK Bikes Thick Bikes and Tree Fort Bikes Tree Fort Bikes - Online Bicycle Parts and Accessories, Bicycle Tools and Maintenance got right back to me with seemingly well planned trips to Pittsburgh and Ann Arbor. Those will be my first two stops. If anyone has advice/favorite spots let me know.

I think I am going to head to Asheville after that.

mtbr member
    Angel Fire Bike Park

FREERIDE FESTIVAL IS NOW
    ANGEL FIRE GRAVITY GAMES & BREWFEST
    AUGUST 30 SEPTEMBER 1
    Why? Because, what's not to love about Gravity and Brewfest in the same sentence? The fun continues with a whip-off and longjump, racing and a movie premiere. And some of your favorite crafted beers, all with with fun and prizes to be won. Make plans to be here for this awesome event. All season pass holders will be entitled to free entry to the Gravity Games & Brewfest.

beater

Bikes & Breweries?

Helena is doing something similar on August 16. To celebrate Helena's 150th anniversary, the Montana Brewers Association's annual festival is being held in Helena's Centennial Park. We'll be holding events at the Vigilante Bike Park across the street, and Bike Helena will be running shuttles all day that weekend.

If anyone is in Montana, it'll be a great opportunity to try a lot of regional beers in one place and get in a lot of riding.
    "Back off, man. I'm a scientist." - Dr. Peter Venkman

Riding in Helena? Everything you need to know, right here.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Kingdom trails and Stowe vermont. Although not on the trails Hillfarmstead not a far drive away. In stowe the Traps brewery Is right on the trail. Plus the great pubs in Waterbury, 5 min pedal from the Famed Rastaman/ burning spear trails of Waterbury. The Alchemist new brewery will be open sometime soon. If you don't know about hillfarmstead, heady Topper, and Lawson's finest liquids I'm talking about some if the Worlds best brews.

PBR
    mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    REPORT: Went to Pittsburgh Monday night. It was awesome. We rode bikes all over the city then bar hopped down Carson Street and had plenty of good beer. Then I fell in love with the Over the Bar Bicycle Cafe.

The next day we found some fun Singletracks in Fricke Park down the road.

Good trip.