mtbr member
    Dec 2012

Bike Trailer: Burley Nomad vs Croozer Cargo?

So I'm considering planning a MTB tour of the Great Allegheny Passage (GAP) which spans from Pittsburgh, PA to Cumberland, MD. Roughly 140 miles each way on rail to trail type road (crushed limestone/gravel), max grade of 1.5% (average <1%).

They have a catered tour for this ride, but they only ride one direction over 5 days, so roughly 30-40 miles a day.

I would rather plan it out on my own and be responsible for my own camping gear etc and do the entire ride over a long 3-day-weekend (roughly 90 miles a day). So herein lies my question: Which touring trailer would you best recommend?

I would love to get away with the Croozer Cargo @ ~$160 vs. the Burley Nomad @~$260.

Any advice/experience with similar terrain?

Team Livemedium
    Ive got an Instep Turbo Trailer of craigslist for $40
    Bike Trailer: Burley Nomad vs Croozer Cargo?-dsc01598.jpg

I haven't taken it on any long journeys but imagine it would do well since it can hold my 90 # dog or a boatload of groceries.
    I did rivet a piece of sheet aluminum to the bottom for a platform for the dog. The original design is a sling type that hangs
    inside the frame and the dog didn't feel secure in that. Shelf is much better. Rolls great.
    Keep trying to do the awesomest thing you've ever done.