mtbr member
    Dec 2012

Bike Trailer: Burley Nomad vs Croozer Cargo?

So I'm considering planning a MTB tour of the Great Allegheny Passage (GAP) which spans from Pittsburgh, PA to Cumberland, MD. Roughly 140 miles each way on rail to trail type road (crushed limestone/gravel), max grade of 1.5% (average <1%).

They have a catered tour for this ride, but they only ride one direction over 5 days, so roughly 30-40 miles a day.

I would rather plan it out on my own and be responsible for my own camping gear etc and do the entire ride over a long 3-day-weekend (roughly 90 miles a day). So herein lies my question: Which touring trailer would you best recommend?

I would love to get away with the Croozer Cargo @ ~$160 vs. the Burley Nomad @~$260.

Any advice/experience with similar terrain?

banned
    Mar 2010
    Ive got an Instep Turbo Trailer of craigslist for $40
    Bike Trailer: Burley Nomad vs Croozer Cargo?-dsc01598.jpg

I haven't taken it on any long journeys but imagine it would do well since it can hold my 90 # dog or a boatload of groceries.
    I did rivet a piece of sheet aluminum to the bottom for a platform for the dog. The original design is a sling type that hangs
    inside the frame and the dog didn't feel secure in that. Shelf is much better. Rolls great.

Members who have read this thread: 0