mtbr member
    Sep 2010

Best riding in western Mass?

I will be in western Mass for a weekend. Any tips on good riding? NEMBA database speaks of Charlemont and also Pittsfield State Forest as destinations, which would be close.

Thanks for any advice.
    Mike

mtbr member
    I rode up and down Greylock once on some old ski trails. I think they connected into the pipeline trail. There are also some trails along the teconic ridge that connect in to old ski trails. It's been 20 years since I rode there though.

mtbr member
    You might get a better response by posting in the Massachusetts forum.

mtbr member
    Earl's Trails and B-Street both just south of Amherst & DAR state forest west of Northampton are all good.
    Quiring KVA MS2 Stainless 29er SS
    Tallboy Carbon
    Fisticuff
    ARR | GHORBA | IMBA NMBP

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Let me know when you're out here and I'll Take you on a tour. Plenty of awesomeness 10 minutes from Northampton, the unofficial center of Western MA (awesome restaurants/ brewpubs etc)

Yap with the locals on the NEMBA Forums (google that)
    Selma Ti.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    The trip was a success. Good riding was had. We did one day at DAR, which was decent. Moose Run trail being the best. Second day was at Dubuque State Forest. That was excellent and wished we had more time to explore. We parked behind the Fire Station and headed west onto the Kiln Rd and found great singletrack.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Loafr View Post
    The trip was a success. Good riding was had. We did one day at DAR, which was decent. Moose Run trail being the best. Second day was at Dubuque State Forest. That was excellent and wished we had more time to explore. We parked behind the Fire Station and headed west onto the Kiln Rd and found great singletrack.
    Glad you found Dubuque. It pretty much answers the question posed by the thread. It is among the "Best riding in Western Massachusetts..." I didn't see your post in time to offer a CTS guided ride, which you would have liked as well, similar trails vision, steeper terrain.
    http://facebook.com/CharlemontTrails
    NEMBA Past President...