mtbr member
    May 2005

Best Rides in Santa Cruz???

I'll be in Santa Cruz, CA this weekend for a mtn. bike trip. What are the best rides to do in this area -within a 45 minute drive?

I'm into fast rippable single track, flowy/bermy stuff, technical descents, Freeride/DH lines, and classic single track rides. I ride an Intense Uzzi VP w/ a Cane Creek Double Barrel and a Fox Talas 180mm fork...

Thanks!

Ride,Smile, Pedal Damn it

No takers?

Hope you found some trails.
    I'm going out i Christmas or Spring.
    What did you find?

mtbr member
    May 2005
    lots of good riding to be had in santa cruz... my best advice is to make a few posts on the DH/Freeride forum and the NorCal forume/search the ones I made. Be honest about the types of trails you want to ride, and your riding ability, and ask if anyone will send you a PM to meet up and show you around. Some of the trails I rode were only possible to find as a first timer there from riding with others who knew the trails.

I met up with another local guy who was right on par with my riding ability and style, and he showed me and my buddy some really good trails. Also, asked the bike shops in town some questions, and asked people on the trails if we couldn't figure out where to go...

good luck!

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by henrymiller1 View Post
    Hope you found some trails.
    I'm going out i Christmas or Spring.
    What did you find?
    Boulder biker's advice is very good. As a local, one thing I would add based on your post is that it rains - A LOT - in the winter. If you come at Christmas, you may or may not find good riding conditions, depending on how much rain there has been and how recently.