K..
    mtbr member
    Mar 2007

Best Mountain biking area for late May

We are two Aussies heading over to the US for a business trip and plan to bring our bikes.
    Can anyone suggest riding destinations not affected by snow?

We are flexible in terms of destination.
    Not Moab and Fruita (luck enough to have visited these areas a number of times)

Thanks!

mtbr member
    May 2008
    If you are near Utah try the Saint George area. Must do's are Gooseberry and Little Creek Mesa. I'd also check out Thunder Mountain near Bryce canyon. I live in the area and may me able to show you around. Go to www.utahmountainbiking.com to see the trails in our area. We have over 30 trails in the area.

mtbr member
    As mentioned sw Utah although the Brian Head trails and Virgin Rim trail may not be melted out by then. Consider adding Sedona and Flagstaff into the mix with a trip to the N. Rim of the Grand Canyon and the Rainbow Rim Trail in between.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Late April/Early May is a time when I would probably never leave the Mid Atlantic trails. Maryland, Pennsylvania, and Delaware are all I need in the late spring.

Quote Originally Posted by K..
    We are two Aussies heading over to the US for a business trip and plan to bring our bikes.
    Can anyone suggest riding destinations not affected by snow?

We are flexible in terms of destination.
    Not Moab and Fruita (luck enough to have visited these areas a number of times)

Thanks!