Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Go make a difference
    +1 for the UK. I did a trip there in '07 and can't wait to go back! 7Stanes and Coed y Brenin are must do's. Stanes is in southern Scotland and CyB is in northern Wales. I have friends who run a guide service in Snowdonia (most northern Wales) called Bikefax.com. Check 'em out and get their guides! Tell 'em I sent ya, may not get you a discount but it'll let 'em know how you found 'em. As for CyB, there's a shop at the Visitor Centre but a better one in the town of Dolgellau called Dolgellau Cycles. It's only a few minutes drive from CyB Visitor Centre. If you go to CyB, stay at Cae Gwyn Farm - they have a B&B, bunkhouse, camping,or an RV you can stay in . Washer / dryer onsite, nice restroom facilities for campers / bunkhouse. The B&B is very comfy and affordable. Oh, they have wi-fi too so you can stay in touch with home and world news.

I'm hoping to do trips to southeast China, Bosnia, and the UK as soon as details are worked out with contacts there.

Good luck! Maybe we can partner on a trip sometime. Let me know if you want to come to Pisgah National Forest in western North Carolina -- EPIC east coast riding!
    Charles Myrick
    33North Adventures | Owner
    Bike | Climb | Hike | Paddle
    New trips: Tibet & Bosnia!

mtbr member
    Jan 2008

The Colorado Trail

You should also consider the Colorado Trail. 500 Miles from Denver to Durango that can take about 20 days to complete. It can be done with or without vehicular help and there are great towns along the way to re-supply in. I have attached a link to a very informative website........

http://www.coloradotrail.org/bike.html

Sacred Rides

Colorado Trail...

Wow, looks amazing. Thanks for that.

Quote Originally Posted by davyb123
    You should also consider the Colorado Trail. 500 Miles from Denver to Durango that can take about 20 days to complete. It can be done with or without vehicular help and there are great towns along the way to re-supply in. I have attached a link to a very informative website........

http://www.coloradotrail.org/bike.html

Keep ridin',

Mike Brcic, customer happiness manager,
    Sacred Rides Mountain Bike Adventures
    http://www.sacredrides.com

mtbr member
    I nominate Ottawa Ontario!

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Wow thats some awesome photos on here and so many places to one day check out hopefully. I know you already have a few places in Mexico that look beautiful. But there is another place called Punta San Carlos that is growing. The riding is amazing flowing single track with a huge 2,000 foot mesa behind it all. worth the hike/ride to the top for an amazing view like no other. And No one around beside the local fish camp that brings in fresh fish and crab to enjoy. Also are able to learn to Stand up Paddle and Surf if desired. You just don't know until You GO!!

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    I heard/read a lot of good things about the Spanish Pyrenees and Northern Spain in general (Navarra/Aragon).
    Sierra de Guara, Bardenas Reales, Sierra de Urbasa, Ordesa (National Park), ...

mtbr member
    I must say I'm curious about your preferences in Italian roads and locations...

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Isle of Skye, there was a cracking segment in earthed 4

If I wasn't a doughnut, I'd post a picture!

I4NI
    I vote the place that sells milk in bags Put your lips together and blow
    Last edited by S_Trek; 09-06-2012 at 07:41 PM.
    There....Are... Four...Lights!

Everything-rider
    Although you already have Balkans, but when I was in Romania this summer to visit my GF I was just stunned… The Cluj Area looks best for MTB riding to me, but all over the country are amazing spots… also Bavaria and the Black Forrest offer unique experiences in Germany.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Hi,

Really Nepal has very attractive destinations but you can check out the Indotrek go through the website.

mtbr member
    Switzerland is amazing for views and epic trails.but expensive
    expensive cars are a waste of money. Expensive bikes...not so much!

mtbr member
    what about costa rica? I'm trying to plan our Honey Moon somewhere that's warm in November (2013) and has technical mtb as well as beaches and monkeys. CR seems to have all of those, offering a trip would be something to look into

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Arizona has a new trail and it may be the most fun trail in the state. It often swoops thru drainages and is in a Saguaro forest directly below the Superstition Mountains. Gold Canyon's K-Trail is really sweet. Best time to ride it, November thru April.
    agmtb

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Whistler area, hands down. So much in small area.

toscano
    I visited your site, I see that there is little Europe, I think that to put a little bit might be a good idea.
    If you are looking for adventure & culture you have a very large range between Spain, France, Italy, Slovenia, Croatia, Greece, Poland etc.
    It is really impossible to summarize but these are countries that offer what you are looking for.

Sacred Rides

European MTBing

Hi Toscana,

we are indeed expanding in Europe. In addition to our Slovenia/Croatia trip, we're also adding an amazing new 8-day trip in the Swiss/Italian Alps (Davos + Livigno area). We hope to expand to other European destinations in 2014 and beyond - there's so much amazing riding there!
    Keep ridin',

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    How about Brazil?!
    Chapada Diamantina is the best MTB spot here! Although it s not very famous yet for MTBs… lol
    Amazing landscape, very safe, insane waterfalls, tons of km/miles of single tracks, a lot of history, great infrastructure for tourists…

It is in the State of Bahia, so you can also double the trip with lots of paradise beaches at the shore (where you have to fly in).

Check this out:
    Brasil Ride
    A big XC race event that happens there every year.

There are lots of AM trials as well.

There are already some companies working with guided groups of MTBers there, with english spoken guides. You just have to associate to one of them and it's done.

Hope it helps.

Cheers!

North Van/Whistler
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by sacredrides View Post
    Hi Toscana,

we are indeed expanding in Europe. In addition to our Slovenia/Croatia trip, we're also adding an amazing new 8-day trip in the Swiss/Italian Alps (Davos + Livigno area). We hope to expand to other European destinations in 2014 and beyond - there's so much amazing riding there!
    Will be interesting to see what you schedule. Lots of action in the Graubunden Livigno area
    Locals' Guide to North Shore Rides http://mtbtrails.ca/

toscano
    Usually they are. But there are also fascinating places in the plains or in the hills.
    It depends on how a certain area has been humiliated by concrete, roads or some type of agriculture.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013

South Africa MTB

[QUOTE=jacostrydom;6372770]A super 18 day trail in South Africa was developed and is named 18 days around Lesotho.
    Links to enter the first three tours for 2010:

It really seems that South Africa has some of the worlds most EPIC events. . .

mtbr member
    I'll throw Yangshou, Guangxi, China into the ring as an off the beaten path option. The scenery is unlike anything I've seen else where. Skip the more well know neighboring city Guilin for Yangshuo. Bike till you drop during the day and there are tons of other activities in the city and on the Li River for the rest of your time there.

Last edited by BDozer; 01-12-2013 at 02:17 AM.

Get to dah choppah
    If / when the Pacific Crest Trail is opened to biking, the Oregon stretch will be an epic ride that can be readily supported by a tour organization.
    Road access is good, the trail is more than 95% ridable (I've hiked it and that's my estimate anyway), and lots of people will want to do it and will need a support structure, as solo / unsupported rides will be no fun at all.
    And of course detailed guide books already exist, again making logistics easy.
    Santa Cruz TBc
    Pivot 429c

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    If you have to choose one MTB XC location in the US - what will it be?

Sacred Rides

Nepal MTB

beautiful photos!

We do offer an amazing trip in Nepal: Treasures of the Himalaya | Sacred Rides. pretty awesome combo of incredible MTB, scenery and culture.

Quote Originally Posted by rogerdodger View Post
    Nepal has some good places to offer. quarry ride just out of Kathmandu

The Annapurnas

Keep ridin',

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast