mtbr member
    Jun 2011

AZ or CA Destination Rides in Nov

Live in LA, looking to do a boys trip with 3-4 intermediate rider buddies somewhere different, cool and fun that we can do lengthy rides followed by pints all afternoon and evenings. Likely bring bikes and don't want to drive all the way to Moab so thinking something like Sedona or Mammoth. Thoughts? Too cool in those spots in mid Nov?

Thanks

mtbr member
    Mammoth will most likely have snow by late November, try someplace lower altitude or further south.

You might be interested in spending a couple of days around the Kernville area, and doing a shuttle ride on Just Outstanding and/or the Cannell Plunge. There's a chance the latter will have snow, but you'll probably be OK.

San Luis Obispo has a lot of really nice trails.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Sedona has many outstanding trails. Prescott many and Phoenix also. Tucson has 350 miles of singletrack. If interested check TucsonMTB.com. An hour north is Casa Grande Mountain where I-8 and I-10 meet. To the north is South Mountain just south of Phoenix. Most of the trials around Sedona are about 4-5000'. In Tucson you get choices from 2400'-9157'. North of Phoenix is epic Black Canyon Trail.
    agmtb

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Sedona fits the bill for sure but I'd also suggest the St George/Hurricane/Virgin area as SW Utah. It's 2 hours closer than Sedona and the riding at Gooseberry Mesa, the JEM Trail and Little Creek awesome. Both Gooseberry and JEM are IMBA 'Epic' trails....