mtbr member
    Aug 2008

AUSTRALIA.... visit in 2012

In Nov 2012 me and my partner are going over to Australia, but to be fair we would both love to avoid typical hotel accomodation. We will be up in the Northern Terrority (Palm Cove, Port Douglas, Cairns area).

What we would really like to do is to rent a small cottage/villa/flat for about 3 weeks (would consider Bed & Breakfast) but what is more important is peace of mind in the booking (really can not be flexible on dates or location or to be let down at the last moment) - do you have family or friends in that area who could at least point me in the right direction or even have a 2nd home they rent out.. I would much rather give my money to someone (as in your friend or family) than waste loads on some travel agency - the flights alone will soak up some dollars).. cheers..

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    EFMax, G'day. Just a small detail. Palm Cove, Port Douglas and Cairns aren't in the Northern Territory they are in NQ. North Queensland also called Tropical North Queensland and even Far North Queensland. This will expand the Googling possibilities if you are looking for short term rentals at sites like ... http://www.homehound.com.au/homes/queensland/

If you haven't already posted on the Aussie sites, like Australian Cycling Forum and Rotorburn, your questions will have a much larger regional audience. Both ACF and Rotorburn have State sections.

The World Mountain Bike Championships were held in Cairns a while back. If you go riding in the scub, read up on the Stinging Trees ... the world's most painful plant.

A Stangler Fig.

Warren.
    Last edited by Wild Wassa; 06-13-2011 at 04:21 PM.