mtbr member
    May 2008

Arizona in February

Hello, I want to spent a week in Arizona (February) and looking for suggestion where to stay and ride.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Book hotel / car rental etc sooner rather than later, starts getting into peak travel season in February and you will save tons of money booking early

mtb enthusiast
    Scour the Arizona forums, gosh so many good places to ride. North Phx, north Scottsdale wouldn't be a bad launching off point. Tons of trails in the McDowell Mountain area (north Scottsdale), Pemberton Trail (north Scottsdale), Cave Creek regional park (north Phx). Maybe a 30 min drive to Black Canyon trail which is an AZ MTB Mecca. Also Sonran Preserve is fairly new with lots of good climb. My personal favorite is Spur Cross in Cave Creek.

http://www.singletracks.com/arizona-..._4.html?page=2

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    300 miles of trails around Tucson but the first 2 weeks of the month are covering the Tucson Gem and Mineral Show, the busiest and most expensive lodging of the year. The 3rd weekend is the 24 Hrs in the Old Pueblo MTB race north of town.
    Black Canyon Trail is epic and mostly completed in it's 79 mile length. Runs between east of Prescott to just north of Phoenix near I-17.
    Sedona has trails everywhere, the locals are going wild building. It's a beautiful place but lodging is resort high pricing. Sooo many beautiful to very tech choices.
    Picket Post kicked my butt 2 weeks ago, a farily new trail near Superior. Part of the Arizona Trail.
    One place to stay in Tucson would be Way Out West. A bed and breakfast just off 50 Year Trail, a great multi trail system. Downtown at Club Congress would be in the center of music for the city. Cheaper choices near the freeway, a mile away.
    agmtb

mtbr member
    What he said.

Quote Originally Posted by abegold View Post
    300 miles of trails around Tucson but the first 2 weeks of the month are covering the Tucson Gem and Mineral Show, the busiest and most expensive lodging of the year. The 3rd weekend is the 24 Hrs in the Old Pueblo MTB race north of town.
    Black Canyon Trail is epic and mostly completed in it's 79 mile length. Runs between east of Prescott to just north of Phoenix near I-17.
    Sedona has trails everywhere, the locals are going wild building. It's a beautiful place but lodging is resort high pricing. Sooo many beautiful to very tech choices.
    Picket Post kicked my butt 2 weeks ago, a farily new trail near Superior. Part of the Arizona Trail.
    One place to stay in Tucson would be Way Out West. A bed and breakfast just off 50 Year Trail, a great multi trail system. Downtown at Club Congress would be in the center of music for the city. Cheaper choices near the freeway, a mile away.