mtbr member

Ainsa, Spain (Zona Zero)

I've been doing some trip research and wanted to share this:

Zona Zero in Ainsa, Spain looks like a really good AM/Enduro vacation destination. What really stands out regarding Zona Zero is how accessible they make it. You can hire a guide if you want to, but they also make many of the GPS tracks available to plan your own rides. Shuttles also seem to be available if you want to mix up some long climbing days with mostly decending days. Anyway, I haven't been there yet, but it looks good to me. Anyone ride these trails?

Centro BTT Zona Zero | Centro BTT Pirineos - ZonaZero Ainsa

Should also be easy to combine with Andorra, which has two lift access parks and other mountain singletrack trails.
    Last edited by robertj; 01-12-2014 at 10:18 PM.

mtbr member
    Finally made it to Ainsa this week. Pics and summary to come!

Bike's hmmm nice
    Bring it Please! Looking for a new spring destination after many years of Finale Ligure. We do go with the family, but wife rides AM/E as well.

mtbr member
    Made it home last week, awesome trip, lots of pics to go through! Short Summary: Excellent AM/E destination, lots of interesting off bike things to do. I'll have more info a bit later, here's a couple of pics for now:

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Quick question for those of you who have been to Zona Zero. My girlfriend and I will be traveling there in a couple weeks and planning to spend a week riding around Ainsa. Originally we were planning on bringing our own bikes, but logistically it's getting harder and harder. Now we are thinking about renting bikes while we are there. Having a hard time finding any rentals online, except for one company. In your experience did you find a lot of bike shops there that have rentals available just without a website? Any quality bikes to rent? Or should I jump on the only offer I can find online? Thanks for any insight...

mtbr member
    Once in a lifetime trip to Ainsa, bike rental vs bringing your own for a week long trip...

I personally would bring my own bike if at all possible. I did not look for rentals, visited the main bike shop in town to chat about trails and buy zona zero shirts, etc. Really great guys there, very helpful and willing to share trail info.

Have fun!

mtbr member
    Jan 2014

Trail name

Quote Originally Posted by robertj View Post
    Made it home last week, awesome trip, lots of pics to go through! Short Summary: Excellent AM/E destination, lots of interesting off bike things to do. I'll have more info a bit later, here's a couple of pics for now:

What the name of the trail in last picture?
    thanks

mtbr member

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    Came here to explain the rental situation in Ainsa.

My wife and I went riding about a week ago, and at time of writing, there are two options for rentals in Ainsa.

1. TT Aventura (TT Aventura - Actividades en el Pirineo Aragonés | TT Aventura Ainsa) - We rented from here. 40 Euros for a 1/2 day, 50 euros for full day. They have a number of Giant Trance bikes in stock - though I wouldn't say that you should expect a bike in excellent operating condition. The folks who run this shop are a bit older and we were not confident in their understanding and ability to maintain their bikes.

Email in advance to reserve. They don't speak a lot of english, but if you have basic spanish you should be fine.

2. Intersport L'Ainsa - These guys had lovely, 2016 bikes available to rent, though they were far more expensive - 80 Euros per bike per day. No website, but here's their phone number (+34 974 50 09 83)

Grab a trail map from either shop, or from the tourist office. The routes are extremely well marked. You can also see maps here: Rutas BTT Pirineo ZonaZero Ainsa | MTB ZonaZero Ainsa Pyrenees
    Expect a bit of road riding to get to the bike trails. We didn't realize this and were quite bored for the first part of our ride.