BOA
    mtbr member
    Mar 2013

5 Days of technical riding North America

We are planning a trip to NA September. We got AM 150mm bikes and elevated rides would be great. Last year we did Mag 7 and the Whole Enschilada in Moab . Where should we go this year for similar shuttle service and epic all mountain rides? Any suggestions.
    Last edited by BOA; 07-08-2014 at 11:08 PM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    was told about this this year - Best Mountain Bike Trails & Backcountry Ski Tours in Colorado & Moab
    it's on my to do list

5 days of riding from one cabin to another, starts off in colorado and ends in moab, and there might be other options for locations in the same area

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Durango, Colorado. This is a reputable shuttle service, Hermosa Tours - Mountain Bike Tours. Also, St. George/Hurricane, Utah has awesome technical riding (Gooseberry Mesa and Grafton Mesa). It is high desert, not alpine riding, however.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    If you seek tech, go to BC. Moab, Sedona, Durango are all awesome. BC is on a whole another level though. Nothing in the States compares (at least what I've seen). Do yourself a favor and go. You won't be disappointed.

BOA
    mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    BC (British Colombia) When you look at Whistler online the first thing you notice are Down Hill Bikes and Bike Parks. One day of bike parks riding would be great. But.

What we liked so much in Moab was the fact that you could use Shuttle service to take you far out of town (gaining height) and then you are on your own on an epic 30 mile single track with great riding and views. Is that something you can get in BC?

mtbr member
    May 2007
    1rydog is trying to steer you in the right direction.

we have ridden all over the US in search of the hardest trails. the difference of BC tech vs Moab/CO is night and day. we did 10 days and didn't hit the park. if you decide to hit BC, bring your big boy pants, it is no joke. there are multiple zones of riding in BC, so many trips are possible.

your idea of tech may differ from mine, but if whole enchilada was pushing the limits of your group, i would consider somewhere else. the steepness, gnarliness, and overall skill level required is not in the same realm as most US trails.

we usually pack as much into a trip as possible, and i would go back to western bc in a heartbeat. there is SO MUCH amazing riding that it's not fair. in fact, i would go back this year if we weren't hitting eastern bc.

BOA
    mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Ok BC is the place to focus on.

What The Whole Enchilada has is an Epic Mountain experience combined with an endless single track way out of town. I agree not technically challenging but with a great speed and flow. We surly can do more technical than Mag7 and The Whole Enschilada trails.

Can you guys name few trails to get us going. Name a town or area to look at.

The plan is to fly in to Vancouver hire a pickup truck and drive towards the mountains rent a camping cabin. Bike for 5 days and fly back.
    Last edited by BOA; 07-25-2014 at 09:35 AM.

BOA
    mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Anyone... your favorite trail BC?

mtbr member
    in pemberton; jack the ripper, nimby-overnight sensation-mission impossible or blood sweat n fear,
    in whistler; kill me thrill me, yummy nummy/comfortably numb/jeffs, howler, high society, bush doctor, hey bud, business time/ampm,
    in squamish; entrails, boney elbows, hueso,
    in robert's creek; hwy 103-102-fuzzy hugs
    in vancouver; ladies only floppy bunny oilcan neds severed dick.... i don't ride the shore a lot though

I think i stuck with all mapped trails there but keep in mind some of them are really hard (aka fun!) lol, just threw out a few off the top of my head
    those are all xc/am/whatever you call it no lift involved. But if you choose to come here (I live in whistler) you got to try the whistler bike park.

If you're really keen on shuttle serviced stuff there isn't a ton of that happening here, I know some companies do it in squamish but for the most part just pedal your bike. Shuttling would cut some of the big climbs in pemberton but the climbing routes there are pretty fun too
    Last edited by kevin267; 07-27-2014 at 09:10 PM.

North Van/Whistler
    Jan 2004
    Check the Sticky in the Western Canada forum
    Locals' Guide to North Shore Rides http://mtbtrails.ca/

BOA
    mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Thank you Kevin267 just what I needed to continue my google searh.

One day at the bike park. And we love climbing and tech. So that's not a problem. But we only have 5-6 days of riding so we better use our time well and make a game plan
    to get the most riding and fun out of it.