mtbr member
    Feb 2008

2/22-2/23 Where will it not be raining on the east coast?

I have a rare day off of work this Friday, and just like my weekends off during the past several months, it will be raining here in the NC Triangle Area

Rain in Pisgah/Dupont
    Rain in Blacksburg/Roanoke, VA
    RAIN EVERYWHERE!

Does anybody have any recommendations of places to ride that may not be getting rain cover Fri/Sat? Anywhere within a 4 hr radius of Chapel Hill, NC. I am looking for a well established system that I can find a map to help with navigation.

Does anybody know how fast Warrior Creek in Wilkesboro, NC will drain/dry after a rain? They are suppose to get rain on Fri, but have a 20% chance on Sat.

Thanks for your help saving my weekend!
    ~Kirby

Pedaler
    If you can swing a trip to Atlanta, the Southeast Bike Expo will be going on in Conyers (just outside Atlanta). It is suppose to rain Friday, but Saturday and Sunday are both looking good. This is the website for the Expo:

Southeast Bike Expo

There will be tons of demo bikes and it is being held at the Horse Park, which has a nice loop. (24 Solo was filmed there)

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Nimblewill View Post
    If you can swing a trip to Atlanta, the Southeast Bike Expo will be going on in Conyers (just outside Atlanta). It is suppose to rain Friday, but Saturday and Sunday are both looking good. This is the website for the Expo:

Southeast Bike Expo

There will be tons of demo bikes and it is being held at the Horse Park, which has a nice loop. (24 Solo was filmed there)
    Thanks for the heads up! I will definitely look into it!

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Maatttt, Drive further south. I'm riding Santos this weekend!! You know you want some Vortex in your life!!

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Oh and if you haven't gotten used to it yet, you should probably buy a set of WetScream tires for your area. It has rained every single time I have ridden in that area.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by pvastyan View Post
    Maatttt, Drive further south. I'm riding Santos this weekend!! You know you want some Vortex in your life!!
    Pete! Even with all these trails up here I still miss Santos & Carter Road! Santos is a little far for this trip, but I am more than interested in tagging along when you come up to NC this April. Are you going to be in the pisgah area the weekend of the 5th, 6th, & 7th?

~Kirby