Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Xtreme Nduro Madness

1K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  JMH 
#1 ·
#7 ·
KRob said:
The thing that caught my eye was "a perfect 50/50 mix of pavement and gravel". Sounds like a job for the Cross bike.
Yeah, to be classified as "Xtreme" wouldn't this ride be required to have 50.1 or more percent of gravel off-roadery?

I'm just sayin...

Also, what adjustable travel fjork is ideal for this you think? Should I think about a new 2 position Fox or RS offering or is it so "Xtreme" that it's worth finding an old TALAS or RS U-turn fjork with more travel options?

Please advise.

BjorgleBot

#9 ·
#11 ·
Err said:
You're spending too much time in the sun down there.

What we need is 12K' of vert worthy sending that 450 down.

When they announce the 2011 date for this, it's on -> http://www.redbullusa.com/cs/Satellite/en_US/Event/final-descent-winter-park-021242892591989

That ought to cover 12K', in the first half of the race...
That looks Mantastic.

You know, Ron Lindley holds a 'DH Endurance' race at Wolf Mountain (or whatever it's called now) every year as part of the Utah State DH series, although I think it's only 6 hours as opposed to 12. Obviously not as grueling as the Burner but it's local.

If anything it's fun to watch the old local chain smokers they hire to load/unload 40+lb DH bikes onto the chair become winded and leave their post within the first hour then you're stuck doing it yourself.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.