I don't huck.
    Jun 2005

WRIAD on the 31st Mar?

On the schedule for the 31st for myself and another...any issues that I need to know about? Conditions, closures, etc? Weather will be watched closely of course. Long drive from So Cal so I hate to be surprised.
    Blog Ramblings
    West Coast writer for twentynineinches.com

Your Best Friend
    We went two weeks ago and the Shafer trail was closed. The support vehicles had to cut out at the Potash road. Call ahead to see if it is open. There was about 4 inches of snow on the darker switchbacks towards the top.
    I guide and rent bikes in Northern Utah

http://www.facebook.com/AdventureEarthRides

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I rode a lap Saturday. It was in great shape overall. There were one or two switchbacks on Shafer that were a bit wet and some snow on the side of the trail. I am sure with a week of decent weather that will all be dry. Shafer is now open btw. The sand was not too loose either, which was nice. There is one spot, which is kind of like a creek bed, a few miles after Hardscrable, that we had to hike due to really soft sand. If you have done that WRIAD before, its the one spot that has to be hiked more times than not. I would say 1/8 mile or so. Have a blast!