The Sentinel

Wow! Richard's Hollow singletrack is amazing right now!!

That trail is in the Logan area, for those of you unfamiliar with the name.

Saturday morning/afternoon, my son and I rode the big loop from the parking lot at the base of the trailhead, up the road through Herd Hollow to White's Bedground and then down the Richard's Hollow singletrack. I bit off way more than a fat, old guy could chew! By the time we got to the top of the singletrack I was beat! But the singletrack was in amazing shape. There are no cows up there yet, so the trail isn't pockmarked or dusty. The recent moisture left the trail tacky and fast. There is quite a bit of water on the trail up high, but careful circumnavigation will get you around the 1 or 2 really muddy parts. The beaver have been busy building ponds, but none of them cover the trail. Anyway, get up there soon, if you haven't been there already! The cows are on their way!
    Sworn to avenge, condemned to hell

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker62
    That trail is in the Logan area, for those of you unfamiliar with the name.

Saturday morning/afternoon, my son and I rode the big loop from the parking lot at the base of the trailhead, up the road through Herd Hollow to White's Bedground and then down the Richard's Hollow singletrack. I bit off way more than a fat, old guy could chew! By the time we got to the top of the singletrack I was beat! But the singletrack was in amazing shape. There are no cows up there yet, so the trail isn't pockmarked or dusty. The recent moisture left the trail tacky and fast. There is quite a bit of water on the trail up high, but careful circumnavigation will get you around the 1 or 2 really muddy parts. The beaver have been busy building ponds, but none of them cover the trail. Anyway, get up there soon, if you haven't been there already! The cows are on their way!
    I'm hoping to ride it Sunday!