A God Without A Name

Who's riding in Ogden?

I see people cycling all the time in my town. any of those faces on here?

MTBR member
    Jan 2007
    Yep. Ride the BST and Basin all the time. Live on the bench in O-town.

boardguru
    Oct 2009
    I also ride BST and at Snowbasin and Maples area. But right now it's sliding / carving time for me at the Basin and P.M.

mtbr member
    Me! BST for early and late season riding. Basin area and beyond for the depth of summer. Maybe we can organize an MTBR Ogden group ride this spring. I too am boarding right now for the time being.

MTBR member
    Jan 2007
    I'm down come Spring. i'd like to find a group to ride with, especially weekly nite rides (new light for X-mas). Not really fond of the shops up North, so I've never really hooked up with any group rides locally. Just looking to have fun. I ride mostly XC, and some road. I'm an old fart (41) who's been riding about 29 years. I'm a good wrench if anyone needs help too. Cheers!

A God Without A Name
    I'm down for a ride this spring, it will give me an excuse to buy another set of knobbies and finallly put a chainguide on my 1x9

I built my Soma to be my one bike, I commute on it 6 or 7 days a week. but I'm itching to get it dirty!

Mtn Biker Machinist

Me too

Mostly ride BST when time is short (10 min to 29th St. trailhead by bike from my house), but love Wheeler Cr./Maples/Art Nord area in summer. Teach @ OHS, so supposedly I have summers off (unless I am working at my other job!) Would love to ride with a group on occasion.

frog

BTW did anyone else ride January 2nd on the BST and absolutely love the weather?

A God Without A Name
    Sooner or later I will have to admit that I have no idea what BST stands for.

*Googles Ogden BST*

Bisexual Tran....

OH LORD NO, NO... NO.

*Turns Safe Search on*

Ooooooohhhh.... Bonneville shoreline trail...

I actually have ridden that.

SWEET.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011

Need a good group

I am also here in O-town, just got in to mountain biking last year, mainly for the xterra racing. Now I am totally hooked and want to just ride, unfortunately I only have lame friends who don't like to get out nearly as much as i do. Anyone else interested in trying to do a little endurance ride and knock out the whole Bisexual tran... I mean Bonneville Shoreline Trail? I have been thinking it would make for a decent adventure. Anyways, I think an MTBR Ogden group would be some fun riding partners. Lets get together since the snow stinks this year anyways.

MTBR member
    Jan 2007
    I'm not sure the entire BST would be very fun, since it's more of a patchwork of trails. Now if you want to loop Skyline/Lewis Peak and Ben Lomond?

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I am in South Weber. I ride Basin and BST.
    VM
    DH CBros One 11
    XC CBros Sauce
    29" CBros Nimble 9
    4x Staats
    BMX Specialized S-Works 20
    Road Specialized Allez cromo

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie View Post
    I'm not sure the entire BST would be very fun, since it's more of a patchwork of trails. Now if you want to loop Skyline/Lewis Peak and Ben Lomond?
    Thats a good point and an even better suggestion on trail choice! I keep thinking It will be sunny and warm on my days off and then it snows... whats the deal. Oh well it makes me finish the wifes build a little faster anyways.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    I am in the area too. I ride basin a lot and for shorter rides I hang out on the Kaysville section of the BST. Did any of y'all ride in the Snowbasin weekday series during the summer?

mtbr member
    I love o-town. Shoreline and various trails in N ogden hills.

mtbr member
    oh... and the dirty streets on my fixie.

MTBR member
    Jan 2007
    Attention Ogden city residents: If you have time, please attend one of the Ogden city meetings for the recreation master plan. The more input by MTBers, the better.

Ogden City - Ogden City

LetMeOut!
    Mar 2012
    I ride in Ogden, 'cause it's right out my back yard. Has anyone ever ridden Wolf Creek Canyon? Is that off limits because it crossed through private land?