mtbr member
    Apr 2011

Whole enchilada ride report

Rode kokopelli trail down after catching a ride from Kyle at acme shuttles on Wednesday last week. My only complaint is that this trail is a 12 hour drive from home! My riding buddy and I rode with a few other guys from this point and the trail was in great shape. Uncrowded until porcupine where we encountered a few people with equipment issues that we tried to help. One poor kid had broken his seat post clamp bolt. We offered some zip ties but I don't think they were much help...

The trail seemed to be in great shape but this is my first time in Moab. I had a few sections where I had to walk down but overall I was able to ride all with confidence. I've been riding since January so my learning curve has been huge. The closest trail I've riden to this is the San Juan trail in orange county. That trail is fun, this trail awesome! Can't wait for my next trip. Thanks to all for the info.

mtbr member
    That isn't the Whole Enchilada. Your missing the Burrow Pass and Hazard County sections. Still a fun ride from Kokopelli though.
    All I know is that I don't know nothin'... and that's fine.

I'd rather be biking...
    Where is Burrow pass, never heard of it?

Bandolero Crew N.M.
    Myself and a group of guys from Albuquerque will be up there late next week. Anything above Kokopelli open up yet?
    Sent on my Droid while hitting that $h!t

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    nope . . . just snowed up there on the weekend. will be a while yet.

TSC
    More Verbose Than Mose
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoon Man View Post
    That isn't the Whole Enchilada. Your missing the Burrow Pass and Hazard County sections. Still a fun ride from Kokopelli though.
    It's "technically" not TWE without Burrow, but I doubt very many people have done or would do that part. You'll have to come up with the new name if you want to get technical about it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TSC View Post
    It's "technically" not TWE without Burrow, but I doubt very many people have done or would do that part. You'll have to come up with the new name if you want to get technical about it.
    Yeah, I seldom see people on the upper NINE MILES of trail....nothing fun up there, anyway....

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    I am coming down the third week in may.have allways wanted to start at the top.sounds like it will be a long shot.
    can someone post a pic of the la sals?

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    The Whole Enchilada is kind of a dumb name but it has loads of curb appeal so it's going to be used indiscriminately, especially by those unfamiliar with each trail section. No harm, no foul. It's not like there's a badge for proper identification of each trail (but if there was, I would lobby that it be called the Kyle Mears Porcupine Rim and Adjacent Area Awareness Award)

People used to call the variations Burro Down or LPS Down and I always thought that made a lot of sense.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    In regards to those addressing my inaccurate description of the Whole Enchilada, I guess I had intended to imply that it was not completely open. Someone requested a ride report regarding the Whole Enchilada trail, so I gave one. I probably should have specifically said that the only sections available were from Koko down, therefore the Whole Enchilada was really only half an Enchilada. Delicious either way! Again, thank you to all who helped with reports and advice. Glad this community is not as stingy as the surfing community. FYI, there was no feelings hurt and this is not written in anger, I just wanted to clarify.

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    Quote Originally Posted by adzints7 View Post
    In regards to those addressing my inaccurate description of the Whole Enchilada,
    We're just trying to keep the internet safe by being persnickety - one thread at a time.

Desert Seeker
    We rode up and down Hazard on Wednesday. It was practically dusty at the bottom. However, it rained pretty hard in Moab yesterday for a period so maybe Hazard is muddy or even snowy now. I guess the best bet is to check with one of the shuttle guys first.