mtbr member
    Aug 2007

White Rim - WRIAD - this Friday?

I'm looking at doing my annual White Rim In A Day ride Friday. Weather (at this point) looks idea, but does anyone have any updated information on the White Rim?

Last year I started at the top of Shafer, rode the road section then finished climbing up Shafer. The Green River had flooded the trail a few miles before (north of, I was heading South) Hardscrabble. I could easily walk past it with my bike, but anyone in a vehicle had to turn around. Is that flooding normal this time of year, and if so, can you always get around it with a bike?

Also, if anyone else is interested in riding, I would welcome the company. Normally I go slightly later in the Spring, am in better shape, and try to ride it "relatively" fast. This year I will be riding to enjoy the day and finish happy. Last loops have been 9.5 hours, 8.5 hours, and 12 hours, so sometimes I sight see and sometimes I work at it a little.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Rode the whole thing from Schafer to mineral basin back to 313. It was in perfect shape. Have fun. We had an unbleavible time. Rode last saturday.
    Last edited by 29or6to4; 03-28-2012 at 07:42 PM. Reason: Not finished
    High Ho Sultan, Lets GO

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    This year with the low Colorado snow pack there likely won't be any closures. Flood stage is not for another 6 to 8 weeks anyway.