Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Where Are All The Demos???

1K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  cdwhy 
#1 ·
I'm investing a he!! of a lot of money (for me) in a new bike this coming spring and to get ready to do that correctly I've been trying to get out to every demo event in Utah that I possibly could. I've gone into all the bike shops and gotten on email lists, I check MTBR often, and STILL the ONLY demo I have heard about was the Santa Cruz demo hosted by Guthrie's in Salt Lake, and that was because they announced it in this forum. Tried the Tallboy and the Blur, great bikes, but I want to try out at least four or five more! I heard Specialized, Trek, Turner, Ellsworth, Pivot, Intense, Cannondale, Ibis, Niner, Giant, ... practically every big-name dealer, would run a demo tour through Northern Utah sometime during the Summer. I've heard about some of them AFTER they happened and I'm afraid I'm going to miss more even though I am watching everywhere I can think to look for them. Has anyone else had a problem signing up for emails from bike shops and never getting anything? Any thoughts on how I can keep up with demo tours? Seriously, I can't believe I'm not hearing about them until AFTER they happen and its driving me crazy :madmax:

#7 ·
I've been wanting to do the Goose again lately... its been two years and thats two years too long. How's Little Creek coming along? Last I heard the trail was pretty tricky to follow. I heard there's been improvements?

So what kind of bikes will be demo'd at the Hurricane Mountain Bike Festival? I'm on my work computer and I can't get on facebook right now.

#12 ·
I used to take a week off of school for the last two winters to go skiing with some friends from Austin in Colorado. I would obviously have to bring homework with me, but that's because I had due dates during the week. I only had one teacher ever who wouldn't let me make up a quiz/test early or after when I told them that I was missing. I would just say, "I'm going to be gone on these days, what do we need to do to make this work." You could just be looking at a long weekend which wouldn't be terrible. Could probably just miss like one day of classes if you wanted.

#18 ·
Hey Axolotl, thanks for the heads up, I will have to do that. I really want to test a Mach 429. But what I want to know is how did you find out they are coming?? Its not listed on their website. There needs to be some kind of one-stop-shop for demos, I think, where anybody can look at one central resource and get the when and where on any scheduled demo in the state. Has anyone heard of anything like that or am I going to have to start it myself??

#21 ·
I sent Pivot an email and got this response:

"Thank you for your email and your interest in our brand! You are correct, we will be having an upcoming demo around the SLC area. The Demos are listed below and should be posted on our website shortly.

Fri., 9/02, 3:30-8:30pm, Green Canyon Trailhead, Logan UT, Mount Logan Cyclery, Contact Jamie or Steve Bennion 435.752.4580

Sat., 9/03, 10:00am-3:30pm, Mueller Park Trailhead, East Bench, Bounttiful UT. Bountiful Bicycle, Contact Brady or Taylor, 801.295.6711

Sun., 9/04, 9:00am-3:00pm, Bonneville Shoreline Trailhead at Emigration Canyon, SLC, UT. Millcreek Bicycle, Contact Mike or Ben at 801.278.1500

Mon., 9/05, Park City UT (TBD). Mountain Velo. Contact Tim 435.901.8356, "

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.