mtbr member
    Jan 2004

New question here. What's the riding like in Park City in June?

I am thinking of making a trip to Park City in June. Will the trails be open? What will the tempatures be like?

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    Quote Originally Posted by Haystack Calhoun
    I am thinking of making a trip to Park City in June. Will the trails be open? What will the tempatures be like?
    Trails should be absolutely perfect... I'll let you Google the temps.

JMH

mtbr member
    Park city in the summer is great. I used to live there and grew up there.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    We got creamed this year with snow so you might have some limitations but I bet you won't be disappointed. If you could push it back a month you would be good to go, anywhere and everywhere for as long as your legs could stand it.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

?????

I am not sure you will be able to ride the ski resorts, espically the upper elevation trails in june. When in june are we talking? There are still 150 inch bases at the resorts here, and that is going to take time to melt. If we have a super warm April and May then you will be good to go. I would bet on being able to ride somthings, but not everything. Glen wild and all of the low elevation trails east of town for sure. The mountains ???. Park city has great riding from July to Sep.
    Visiting St george/Hurricane? Stay at my vacation rental. Discounts for MTB's

http://www.vrbo.com/392904

PM me

Err
    Calm like a bomb
    They're awful, just plain terrible, nothing to see here, move along...

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    It completely depends on the time of June that you go to ride Park City. Since we've been blessed with snow and just got a few more inches these past couple of days, you might not be riding the Park City resort trails anytime soon.

Sundance is at a lower elevation and has some pretty enjoyable trails. If you want to take the lift, the ticket price is pretty darned reasonable.

Whatever you do, please don't go to St. George. The trails are awful, I can't possibly stand seeing another person enj...I mean suffer on them.

mtbr member
    Generally June is good to go. Depends on the year though. 4-5 years ago I rode everything the first week in June, last year I rode everything except the Wasatch Crest (9500-10,000').

Like others have said, the snow pack is pretty deep this year so who knows. It all depends on the how much more snow they get and how warm it is this month and next.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    This is a good thead of all the folks here in Park City!