Fartographer

What's Rideable Right Now?

I was thinking maybe I'd go for a little pedal today. What's rideable right now? I've heard rumours of people riding City Creek / Shoreline. But I'm worried about the icky clay sections. Anyone ridden the whole thing? How about Bobsled?
    Back of the camera, back of the pack.

Certified Bike Junkie

Mudfest

over there..Your best bet is the sand based trails over in the draper area of corner canyon..I went out 2 days ago and was able to hit a lot of the lower BST trails over there.Mostly sand so you dont tear up the trails when their wet...Everything else its gonna be another 3 weeks i'd imagine before they fry out enough,....Getting close though!!!
    Check out my BLOG www.joemtbiker.blogspot.com

Fartographer

Corner Canyon

Quote Originally Posted by dosboy
    over there..Your best bet is the sand based trails over in the draper area of corner canyon..I went out 2 days ago and was able to hit a lot of the lower BST trails over there.Mostly sand so you dont tear up the trails when their wet...Everything else its gonna be another 3 weeks i'd imagine before they fry out enough,....Getting close though!!!
    Cool! I was wondering about Corner Canyon but worried because it's all north-facing. Sounds like maybe I'll take the SS out for some suffering then. It's gonna hurt no matter what I ride. So I might as well go for max suffering :-)
    Back of the camera, back of the pack.

The Sentinel

How about Antelope Island?

I think I'm going to try and ride out there tomorrow. I built a new hardtail up, and I'm dying to get it outside.
    Sworn to avenge, condemned to hell

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    There is a trail that goes from the B in bountiful to Farmington canyon that transverses the side of the mountain. Most of this should be rideable.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker62
    I think I'm going to try and ride out there tomorrow. I built a new hardtail up, and I'm dying to get it outside.
    Fill us in on how it goes. Early season's best on those sandy trails.
    (edit 3/1)P.S. Isn't this an early season tradition with you?
    Last edited by Shelbak73; 03-01-2008 at 06:20 AM.

Takin'er easy
    I-street is still under about 8" of ice, so I assume bobsled is no go joe-joe. If these temperatures stay somewhat consistent, maybe we can shred in a couple of weeks. I miss shredding so much that I got excited making hashed browns yesterday.

over researcher
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker62
    That sure sounds tempting.

rolls on 26's
    Jun 2006
    Urban at the U is pretty nice right now, hit that up a couple times this last week.

The Sentinel

Hmm...

New bike or Antelope Island?? I highly recommend both, however!

Quote Originally Posted by Shelbak73
    P.S. Isn't this an early season tradition with you?

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Early season tradition of a new bike? Wow now that's an early season tradition I wish I could afford, especially if they look like that purple beauty you just built.
    Since it looks like your here and not on the island it looks like we'll have to wait for your review of both. ;- )

The Sentinel

Yup...honey-do won out

I spent the morning cleaning the basement and getting the new bike tuned up! So it's going to be next weekend before I make it out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelbak73
    Early season tradition of a new bike? Wow now that's an early season tradition I wish I could afford, especially if they look like that purple beauty you just built.
    Since it looks like your here and not on the island it looks like we'll have to wait for your review of both. ;- )