mtbr member
    Mar 2008

Whats rideable or close to being rideable in the SLC Park City area

Just was wondering if I was gonna be able to ride anything this week. Wondering whats rideable in SLC, and how Glenwild, Dutch Hollow, Princess Di, and other surronding park city trails are looking

Lev
    You Guys Riding?
    I've seen BSL and Antelope Island looking pretty dry. Actually, scratch Antelope Island--worst bug experience of my life! Went there on Sunday. You might have some luck if you go at a diff time of the day.

There's lots of people on BSL, but it's the bomb for sure.

I hear Millcreek is still too snowy for any riding any time soon.

Other than that, I'm curious if anyone has any other suggestions for this weekend. I would love to get a longer ride in somewhere.

Bored Carp
    I hiked Alexander Creek the other day. Couple of muddy spots that a nice cyclist would walk, but fairly dry (I didn't go all the way up. I imagine you would eventually hit snow).

Anyone ridden Ensign lately?
    I only attempt to change the world in the appropriate World-Changing venues and forums.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    'obviously' BSL is clear from City Creek to the Zoo.

Millcreek Pipeline is clear (minus a few snowdrifts right near the trailhead) from the Birch Creek trailhead out to the end - no idea on the Rattlesnake Gulch DH.

Lev
    You Guys Riding?
    Anyone ride Stansbury Island lately? That might be another possibility. I've never been out there before, but I hear good things. Only issue is that if it's anything like Antelope Island, it will be bug infested.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Dutch Hollow trails over in Midway in great shape as of a few days ago...

Bend, OR
    Rattlesnake is fine. BST north of City has also been good for a while.

Lev
    You Guys Riding?
    I drove up LCC yesterday and saw bikers on the LCC trail. Looks like there are still some snow patches, but for the most part it looked very rideable.

Lev
    You Guys Riding?
    Any word on how the Uintas are looking these days? I'm assuming they're prbly buried in 2 feet of snow, but I haven't been up there since the ski season came to a sudden halt, and biking once again ruled my life

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Try 6-8ft+ of snow, southern exposure is getting pretty thin but everything else is a different story. The Uintas have been absolutely buried this winter. We won't be riding any of the quality upper elev singletrack before early July would be my guess. Duchesne Ridge area is right out my backdoor and I still have snow n the yard (I'm at 7500ft).

Lev
    You Guys Riding?
    Rode Flying Dog today from Jeremy Ranch. Aside from about 100 yds of snow patches, the ride was nice and dry. Definitely some fun sections in there.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    yea i rode flying dog on friday, and it was more like a 30 minute hike-a-bike through that one section of snow

...a wiggle theres a way
    the quarry in little cottonwood is rideable just got done with it this morning, has some run off water 3/4 of the way up that lasts for about 100 feet or so than its back to being dry (but its like riding in a small stream fyi)

joe

Lev
    You Guys Riding?
    Quote Originally Posted by turbonate
    yea i rode flying dog on friday, and it was more like a 30 minute hike-a-bike through that one section of snow

Guess that shows what a couple 80+ degree days can do to that area. It's been gettin HOT lately