Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Bend, OR

Weekly SLC Trials Rides

Figured I'd post this here just in case anyone's interested.

So we're now having trials/street rides most weekends in Salt Lake, usually downtown or at the U. If anyone wants to join us, feel free. If you'd like to try trials but don't have a bike, you're welcome to ride mine anytime.

Cheers.

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    I don't have a trials bike, but would love to ride street with you guys. Post a time and I will try to make it, although I have guests this weekend.

JMH

Bend, OR
    Sat. 11AM at the U dorms.

We'll probably be riding Sunday and/or Monday too.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Aww crap!

mtbr member
    Just build my new street/dirt machine. I would love to do trax laps at the U. Sundays are good for me.

Err
    Calm like a bomb
    Nice lookin Charger V-Dub.

Bend, OR
    Cool man. We hit up downtown today.

I'll post about next weekend.

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    I like Sunday too. I will keep an eye on the forum.

JMH

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Sunday is a good day to worship on two wheels. I'm down.

Bend, OR
    weather's not looking too good for this weekend, we'll see.

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    I dunno... looks like partly sunny on Sunday. And with a predicted high of 40-44 on both days, I doubt any Saturday snow will accumulate, and any rain will help clear the remaining snow!

Think positive. I inflated my tires just for the occasion.

JMH

mtbr member
    I'm out for this weekend. I'm going to have the pleasure of riding Ray's Indoor Park. Long (did I mention looooong) drive, but 2 guaranteed days of ripping.

Bend, OR
    hmm, my forcast says rain/snow likely for Sunday, I hope yours is right.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Ross have you ever ridden buffalo point? (Antelope island)

Bend, OR
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelbak73
    Ross have you ever ridden buffalo point? (Antelope island)
    nope, never been to the island. trials or mountain biking?

so it looks like no go on Sunday with the weather.

I'll post up about riding next week.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Mountainbike and trials
    If you go you'll have about a half mile of trail before you hit a great area of rocks of all sizes, after that it's hard enough to ride the trail, I think it would be an ideal place to test your trials skills at. If you ride the trail through the rocks, I'd say 3/4mi, you may as well accept the fact you're gonna smack your QR's, derailure and flatten some teeth on your big ring (if you have one). The trail's flat so it's not really like a freeride gig. Biggest bummer is $8.00 per vehicle, park fee. My elbow's feelin pretty good, so maybe early march. (my last session of pt is monday 2-25) :-)
    Last edited by Shelbak73; 02-23-2008 at 03:09 PM.

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    I have ridden that section of trail, and yeah, it's really fun and technical. I would go out there and ride that again.

It's pretty much the only fun trail out there, though. At least IMO. The trail out to elephant head is fun but too short, and you have to ride lots of sandy horse trail doubletrack to get there. Worth a trip once, but maybe not a return.

JMH

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    I agree but then again I havent been past elephant point. Buffalo point dries out earlier than BST most of the time (low altitude), and it's best to ride it before may, before the dreaded Salt lake flys start to swarm.

Enduroist
    Mar 2007
    I have nothing resembling any skills on the bike, but I have a P1 that I want to get better at playing around on. I'd be in on Saturday or Sunday mornings.
    "If I stop drinking all at once I am afraid the cumulative hangover would kill me."

Bend, OR
    postponing for this weekend, no ones going to be here this weekend, and I've started skiing again, but we'll see how long my ankle can take that, haha.

I'm certainly up for a ride during the week though. If anyone wants to let me know, won't be much of a group ride, but I'd be glad to head out if someone wants to ride.

edit: who was riding at the U last tue or wed i dont remember exactly what day. Anyone on here? Saw some urban dudes in front of the heritage center.

mtbr member

Urban dudes!

Might have been a couple of us. Were you on FS? Stoppies down the ledge? Couple of us are going again tomorrow. 4:45-5ish start at med center and work our way down campus. Seems like campus is probably quieter than downtown.

rolls on 26's
    Jun 2006
    I was riding wednesday and me and my friend were on thrusday. We both were on FS bikes.

Bend, OR
    Quote Originally Posted by motts
    Might have been a couple of us. Were you on FS? Stoppies down the ledge? Couple of us are going again tomorrow. 4:45-5ish start at med center and work our way down campus. Seems like campus is probably quieter than downtown.
    FS dude wasn't me, I'm on a trials bike. Is tomorrow wednesday or thursday? I might try to meet up with you guys. I'm not much for laps, but I'd love to play around a little.

biking is fun
    i just finally found this post. im down to ride. im kind of waiting for my tires to get in but i have some that im using that will do for now.
    i also just got my 24's and a geisha freecoaster hub all laced up (thanks to Err)

ill remember to post this but if you ride alot ill give you my number. once daylight savings hits this weekend ill be able to ride any night around 630 or sat anytime.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelbak73
    I agree but then again I havent been past elephant point. Buffalo point dries out earlier than BST most of the time (low altitude), and it's best to ride it before may, before the dreaded Salt lake flys start to swarm.
    In fact, it's dry. Not a lick of snow. Lot's o buffalo and antelope and the occassional fox. I agree that there are sections you'd almost need a trials bike to clean. Overall pretty fun when you're going downhill through one - less so climbing up the narrow, derailleur-eating, pedal-catching slots. . . No flys today. Entrance fee now $9 per car. Grrr.

-D

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast