What day are we riding?

Week of 4/21/08 - Red Canyon/Thunder?

Anyone been by lately? Snow?

Heading to St G Wednesday and was hoping to break up the drive from there to Fruita with a ride on Thunder Mtn.

What day are we riding?
    Anyone?

Better bring the gaiters..........

mtbr member
    Sep 2005

good question

i talked to a ranger on 4/21 and he can still see snow patches in red canyon. he said it is melting though we hav'nt had very warm temps. this leads me to think that everything north facing will be trouble.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I work @ Zion Cycles, and we were told by someone traveling west that they had ridden it but really shouldn't have, said they left way to many tracks in the clay. They said it was fine until the outer reaches, which just sucked. Warned to give it a couple of more weeks.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by furrykid
    I work @ Zion Cycles, and we were told by someone traveling west that they had ridden it but really shouldn't have, said they left way to many tracks in the clay. They said it was fine until the outer reaches, which just sucked. Warned to give it a couple of more weeks.
    call the forest service office in Panguitch and talk to someone on the ground. Maybe even the ATV or horseback riding outfitters in the area would be a good source - they would have a sense of the trail conditions....although judging by the deep hoof prints in trails you tend to see, it makes you wonder if they would have good advice...

Don't go all the way there, then find out the trails are too muddy (seems quite likely) but ride them anyway (because what else would you do if you already drove there) and put more muddy frozen tracks in.

Lord knows I've done the same dumb thing...buy you know...do as I say, not as I do...or something

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Check out this link: http://www.utahmountainbiking.com/UM...pic.php?t=4308

The guy claims the trail is pretty much ready. I am also interested in TM conditions as I am heading to Bryce this weekend and debating whether to take my bike or not.

Over the Hill
    Updates, heading out the end of this week, wanting to ride Thunder Mountain on Saturday.

Dean

What day are we riding?
    We rode it on Sunday along with Cassidy, Losee and Castro. Just a couple small sloppy spots.

I say ride it.

Over the Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockin
    We rode it on Sunday along with Cassidy, Losee and Castro. Just a couple small sloppy spots.

I say ride it.
    Thanks!