Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Wasatch Enduro. Who's In? Course Questions

4K views 37 replies 15 participants last post by  bgpmer45 
#1 ·
I'm signed up for the Bell Wasatch Enduro on July 21. Who else is in?

I love the Enduro format and have been riding the Fears Tears and Beers Enduro over here in Ely the past 6 years. Glad to see this format finally catching on. Super excited for the race!

Coupla course questions/comments:
I thought they wimped out a bit letting us ride up the Gondola for the Stage 3 Transfer section.....although I doubt I'll be complaining too much come race day.

What is Short Swing? Is it just a connector from Ambush to Lower Holly's?

Anyone have any beta on Insurgent? I hadn't looked at this map before I pre-rode the course last weekend and didn't know where to look for it.

I do like that they have cut-offs for the transfer sections. We've been thinking about adding that to our race with penalties for being late just like regular ISDE qualifiers (moto enduro races). Just haven't figured out how to do it without it getting too complicated.

If you haven't ridden Hollies at speed it might be good to get a few pre-runs in. It's narrower and rockier than I remember and has a few surprises

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.