mtbr member

Wasatch Crest trail conditions?

Will the trails be open and rideable this weekend (June 3-4), starting from just below Guardsman Pass? I am driving up from San Diego.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

i have my doubts

I have been up to the big water trail head and there was still patchy snow there yesterday. Not much and people were headed up the trails. I would bet its passable but not ready to be ridden. The top of the crest is a couple thousand feet above that.
    Visiting St george/Hurricane? Stay at my vacation rental. Discounts for MTB's

http://www.vrbo.com/392904

PM me

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    The snow we had last weekend filled in the trail bed surprisingly well as of Wed. On the bright side, Puke Hill was tacky (the glass is half full). You will undoubtedly have many drifts to contend with, but it may be passable for the adventurous by the weekend. . . I'm thinking next week is a better bet.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Just did it today (Guardmans Pass to Millcreek to Dog Lake to Mill D down). Up high there are still some drifts causing hike-a-bike. Fair amount of mud where you ride by (but still on trail mind you!) the drifts. I'd say one week, maybe two, and it should be snow free.

mtbr member
    I need to head up that way sometimes soon as I've never done it before.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009

Good to go!

Rode the whole frickin thing yesterday o mill reek and pipeline. Sweet conditions..one rideable snow tach. Everything else is Buttah!
    www.24hrBikeShop.com 10% of your purchase price is donated to the trail organization of your choice!

mtbr member
    May 2012
    rode guardsmans crest down through little water to mill creek. All good to go. several short patches of snow. two or three additional small patches of mud easy enough to walk around.

bonus: mill creek road gate is still closed so rippin' little water was saweeet without impending hiker doom.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Wasatch Crest to Mill D this week. Getting very dusty.

Wasatch Crest to Mill D - YouTube

humpty dumpty
    Rode last weekend (WC out Mill D) and it was dry and dusty.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Did the crest trail today. It was awesome! Saw a moose and a rattle snake. I haven't seen a rattler in 5 years... Still takes my breath away

mtbr member
    Wasatch Crest trail conditions?-crest2.jpg

Wasatch Crest trail conditions?-crest1.jpg

Rode it yesterday, crazy dusty already, fun as ever though. Saw some guys on motorcycles cutting in a new trail from the PC side. Looks like Talisker Corp. is not getting much love from the old biking community.