Err
    Calm like a bomb

WAFTA: spring dig day on the Road to Arcylon!!!!

Its been a great couple seasons for Arcylon and overall the trail is holding up quite well. That said, there are several jumps and berms that need serious love and we're in need of a few new features. We've got plan of action to CLOSE the Road to Arcylon on Friday, May 10. On this day, Basin Recreation is going to be running a tractor from top to bottom to freshen up features top to bottom. A few of us will be playing hooky from work that day and chasing the tractor down the trail, raking out and hand shaping as it moves down the trail. On Saturday, May 11th we will need all hands on deck shoveling, shaping, tamping, and tuning all the dirt that the tractor moved. It is critically important that everyone who join us to get the trail back up and running as soon as possible.

The plan is to meet at the Gorgoza Tubing Park at 9:00 AM and work until the trail is ready to re-open. WAFTA will be shuttling people from the parking area up to the top of the trail from 9 AM until Noon. There will be no parking at the top of the trail for this event. WAFTA will to provide food and cold drinks to all our diggers as our way of saying THANKS! For those not too worn out or too full of food, there will almost certainly be a post dig lap going down to test out all the new work. If you love this trail, come out and lend a hand. If you hate this trail, come out and make it better. If you've never ridden this trail, get out and get the scoop! We're hoping for a big turnout to get this trail back into top shape!

We'll be digging rain or shine.

Please bring tools if you have them. Shovels, mcleods, pulaskis, and tamps are all useful.

MEETING LOCATION UPDATE: For this dig, we'll be meeting in the parking lot of the Gorgoza Tubing park and shuttling diggers to the top until Noon at which point we'll give our shuttle drivers a rest. Please note that no parking is allowed in Pinebrook, we need everyone to meet us at the bottom. You're free to walk out back your car when you're done digging.

Thanks,

WAFTA

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    Dang, out of town for work but I will tell everyone I can think of.

YRG
    mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    See you there. Can't wait to ride the new and improved Arcylon!

yep
    I'm pretty new to biking and have no experience trailbuilding. I'd love to come up and help though. I've been looking forward to riding Arcylon this year, and giving a helping hand and meeting some presumable cool people seems like a win win, right?

YRG
    mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by yboc View Post
    I'm pretty new to biking and have no experience trailbuilding. I'd love to come up and help though. I've been looking forward to riding Arcylon this year, and giving a helping hand and meeting some presumable cool people seems like a win win, right?
    Yep, and be sure to ride it before friday (when it closes), so you can compare what it is and what it is to become. I was up there this morning and did a few laps - good fun

Err
    Calm like a bomb
    Hey everyone, just a reminder that Saturday is fast approaching. We'll be out with the tractor all day Friday (tomorrow). Arcylon will be closed once we start working until it's ready to ride. Please come out and lend a hand on Saturday if you can!

Err
    Calm like a bomb
    Thanks to everyone that came out to help dig on Friday and Saturday. We had two tractors out all day Friday and than a bit more on Saturday morning moving dirt. Saturday we had a solid crew of hardworking diggers shaping, packing, and getting the trail ready to rip. We made quite a few changes so be sure to take a warm-up lap and get a look at everything before charging straight in. We left one feature closed as the ground is extremely soft in the run-in. Please don't poach it and ruin it with ruts for the rest of the season. We're checking on it daily and will have it open in a couple days.

Thanks!

WAFTA