mtbr member

Visiting from North Carolina.....

I will be in the Las Vegas area the week of 2-25, and I was wondering about conditions @ Gooseberry Mesa around that time. Should I stick to Bootleg Canyon/Cottonwood or take my first trip to the Mesa? Thanks!

Team Sanchez
    It all depends. If we don't get any more snow in between now and then, that should be a viable ride. It's still kind of sloppy up there right now, but if we get another week of temps in the low 60's, it should be rideable by then.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chingon
    It all depends. If we don't get any more snow in between now and then, that should be a viable ride. It's still kind of sloppy up there right now, but if we get another week of temps in the low 60's, it should be rideable by then.
    Cool. Any trail routes you have would be apprecitated. Looking for singletrack more than the slick rock stuff. Probably looking at one full day to spend up there.

Team Sanchez
    Quote Originally Posted by HOG farmer
    Cool. Any trail routes you have would be apprecitated. Looking for singletrack more than the slick rock stuff. Probably looking at one full day to spend up there.
    Ouch! Most of the trail system meanders thru and on the rock. Stick to the North rim. That is where the majority of the slickrock is, but a great portion of your riding will still be done on slickrock. That's the whole appeal of Gooseberry Mesa. If you really want single track, you should ride the JEM/Hurricane Rim/Gould's Wash trail. That's 23 miles of singletrack just below Gooseberry Mesa.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the info, looking forward to it.