mtbr member
    May 2009

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! Virgin River Rim Trail/Navajo Lake - Ridable???

Nayone have any trail beta on VRRT and Navajo Lake?

Thanks!
    Monte
    Lodging & Guiding for SW Utah Trails
    http://www.vrbo.com/298759
    www.UtahMountainBikingAdventures.com
    MTBR Discounts

Bike Snob
    Who is Nayone? Does he live up there?

NMBP
    If you are into lots and lots of log bunny hopping, the trail is great. Otherwise, wait for the trail crew to get to it. Rumor is that it's going to be renamed Navajo Puddle this summer.

I ran into a couple a week and a half ago there, but neither one was Nayone.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by crashtestdummy View Post
    If you are into lots and lots of log bunny hopping, the trail is great. Otherwise, wait for the trail crew to get to it. Rumor is that it's going to be renamed Navajo Puddle this summer.

I ran into a couple a week and a half ago there, but neither one was Nayone.
    So in your opinion if I start at Cascade Falls ride the trail to the road crossing at the west end of the lake and then do a lake loop and then the road back to cascade falls parking lot will I have to cross lots of fallen trees.

Thanks.
    Monte
    MTBR Discounts

NMBP
    Quote Originally Posted by STT GUY View Post
    So in your opinion if I start at Cascade Falls ride the trail to the road crossing at the west end of the lake and then do a lake loop and then the road back to cascade falls parking lot will I have to cross lots of fallen trees.

Thanks.
    The couple that i ran into were trail running. They said they had tried to go up the Te-ah Trail (west end heading south to the upper VRRT) and the trail was impassable due to the downfall. That section of trail is also the highest, so if there's still any snow left, that's where it'll be.

Looking southwest across the lake on May 12, 2012.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Virgin River Rim Trail/Navajo Lake - Ridable???-p5124701-large-.jpg  

mtbr member
    May 2009

Up date

Hit up the VRRT Trail today from Cascade Falls.... Trails is sweet all teh way to the dirt road. After that there is still a lot of dead fall (about 25-30 trees).

Navajo Lake Loop was fast n fun. Lake level is WAAAAAAY down, that things might be gone by Setember!!
    Monte
    MTBR Discounts

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    I am hoping to do an out and back on the VRRT from Te-ah to Strawberry Point as well as some rides(Lowder Ponds/Sidney Peaks etc) at Brian Head within the next couple of weeks. Does anyone know if the dead fall has been cleared? Thanks

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Just finished the Dixie 200 race which travel the VRRT, Marathon, Lowder, Sidney Peaks, Dark Hollow plus Thunder Mtn, Spruce, and most of the epic Paunsagunt.

Downed trees are a non issue, especially on the VRRT. Deep sand and extreme fire danger is what to watch for.

NMBP
    Quote Originally Posted by jan_nikolajsen View Post
    Just finished the Dixie 200 race which travel the VRRT, Marathon, Lowder, Sidney Peaks, Dark Hollow plus Thunder Mtn, Spruce, and most of the epic Paunsagunt.

Downed trees are a non issue, especially on the VRRT. Deep sand and extreme fire danger is what to watch for.
    Were you able to find the single track portions of the Marathon? The part that I see from the road looks over grown and un-used.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Marathon is hard to follow without an accurate and verified GPS file like the one available for free here.

Use the free demo version of TopoFusion to open it for desk top study.