Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Aug 2007

Utards - what are you riding

I thought it'd be neat to put together a single thread where fellow Utards can update where they're riding or what trails they're riding and/or post a couple pics if they took any...

This is a thread for misc banter of day to day for Utards rather than the roll call thread.

So post up!
    Last edited by dieselcruiserhead; 07-23-2012 at 03:21 PM.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Jet9 RDO for my daily backyard XC ride and Rip9 or Knolly Endorphin for other needs. Mainly ride Draper, Crest, AF Canyon and Glennwild

mtbr member
    Just went out on my first ride on a Pivot 5.7 Carbon I picked up. Very nice. Of course, it's the first day of rain in a month, but I still got out and hit Sweeney's and John's up at Park City...it was nice to get it rode hard and put away wet!

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Just picked up a 2012 Turner Sultan. First new bike since '08. What a bike... I test rode one of these last year but I didn't ride terrain that let it shine... I'm a tall guy at 6'5 so I went with a 2XL. Bike is so big that it makes the 29er look like kiddie wheels... First bike that actually fits me. This bike pedals lean and mean and efficient but just eats up trail and anything you throw at it, like its hungry. So awesome...

First ride last weekend in Park City was:
    - Tour de Homes up to Silverlake from Snowpark (lower Deer Valley). I actually didn't mind/sort of liked this trail to get up to mid Deer Valley...
    - Team Big Bear, to Moose Bones, which puts you up near the top of the Guardsman's road.
    - T&G (the downhiull begins). this trail is a ripper...
    - Cross mid mountain to Johns 99. At King's Road, drop down into Moosehouse (sort of like a less popular John's Trail).
    - At the bottom, cross over into Daly Canyon, to a trail called Root Cellar.
    - Take the horizonal trail that crosses the mine road, and goes all the way back to Snowpark. I think it's called Rose or Oak something. Awesome little tight / moderately technical trail just above Park City over to Deer Valley...

Now trying to I can get a couple nights in a week but its hard with work unfortunately..

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by MSU Alum View Post
    Just went out on my first ride on a Pivot 5.7 Carbon I picked up. Very nice. Of course, it's the first day of rain in a month, but I still got out and hit Sweeney's and John's up at Park City...it was nice to get it rode hard and put away wet!
    Nice! Super nice to actually see some rain of course. It will mean a lot for the trails...

mtbr member
    Just finished building a 2012 Knolly Chilcotin. I mainly ride the Mesa's down south.

Photobucket

mtbr member
    Nice bikes...I'm getting old. The last time I rode past a cute girl, I noticed every detail of her bike build!

mtbr member
    I'm on a Specialized Enduro. Love the bike.

I've been riding it pretty much everywhere, from Mountain Ranch/Flintstone to Corner Canyon to Arcylon to bike resorts. Even got a quick trip to ride TWE - Hazard Down this spring. Crest planned for Saturday. Been a good year so far!

Utards - what are you riding-2011-11-26-11.38.32.jpg
    '11 Specialized Enduro Expert for the trails
    '13 Felt Z4 for the road

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dieselcruiserhead View Post
    I thought it'd be neat to put together a single thread where fellow Utards can update where they're riding or what they're riding and/or post a couple pics if they took any...

So post up!
    "dieselcruiserhead," as in old school PBB?

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    the same one..

Lots of cruiserheads and all sorts of folks on this board. Dougal from some of the other boards and a moderator on 4BTswaps.com is also pretty regular here.. It's all a small world..

Paste eater
    A year ago today, my main ride was a Banshee Rune.

Keels had a bastardized Kona four. Far heavier then it should have been.

After the Kona near rattled apart. We replaced it with a trek Superfly, built to suit Utah desert riding.

Shortly there after, the Rune self destructed thanks to a pivot design that is, at the very least, ill suited for dusty areas. I replaced it with a Nomad.

I prefer to ride it like this.

But on occasion, it's more like this.

And lastly, there's room for a couple uno speeds in the fleet.

His.

Hers.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock dude View Post
    Just finished building a 2012 Knolly Chilcotin. I mainly ride the Mesa's down south.

Photobucket
    Everything about this bike is awesome! Nice stuff. Care to post a spec list? Are you as bike a fan of the Trail King's for our Utah deserts as I am?

Paste eater
    Quote Originally Posted by Whip Chop! View Post
    Everything about this bike is awesome! Nice stuff. Care to post a spec list? Are you as bike a fan of the Trail King's for our Utah deserts as I am?
    Those Conti Kings and Queens are certainly popular around the desert SW. I'm going to give them a spin when my ardents wear out - wich won't be long considering how long tires last in this part of the country.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Whip Chop! View Post
    Thanks Whip Chop. Yes I'm a fan of the Trail King's, I've been running them on my
    Turner RFX and they work great for the type of riding I do. There just a little heavy.
    Here's the spec list.

2012 Raw Chilcotin Med.
    CCDB Air
    Chris King Headset (Blue)
    Chris King BB (Blue)
    Chris King Hubs (Blue)
    Enve AM Rims
    Trail King UST 2.4 Tires
    XO Crank 1X10 32tooth MRP Bling Ring
    11-36 XT cassette
    MRP Mini G2 Chain Guide
    Lyrik RD2 DH Coil 170mm Fork
    Thomson Stem 70mm
    Hope Tech Evo M4 Brakes, Floating Rotors, 203mm front 183mm rear
    XTR Shadow Plus Derailleur
    XTR Shifter
    LEV Seat Post 125mm
    Race Face SIXC Bars
    Loaded Binder Clamp (Blue)
    Loaded Headset spacers (Blue)
    Loaded Pedals (Blue)
    WTB Pure V Saddle
    33lbs (heavy tires!)

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    2012 Santa Cruz Blur LT2 in XL. The RAM kit with some changes:
    - 2012 Shimano XT brakes 180 F and R
    - Kona Wah Wah pedals
    - RaceFace Turbine 24/36/Bash front rings
    - WTB Bronson 2.3 AM TCS up front and Maxxis High Roller 2.35 out back, both ghetto tubeless (and both about to be replaced with Hans Dampf Trailstar front and Trail King 2.2 UST rear).
    - Either a Thomson Elite post or 2012 Reverb post, depending on what I'm riding.

Pic is after a Crest run from early June, taken at Mill D parking lot.

mtbr member

All I know is that I don't know nothin'... and that's fine.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwind View Post
    Those Conti Kings and Queens are certainly popular around the desert SW. I'm going to give them a spin when my ardents wear out - wich won't be long considering how long tires last in this part of the country.
    I think you'll love them. I'm running the 2.4 front and 2.2 rear. Both tubeless. Phenomenal grip and volume.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock dude View Post

Photobucket
    That's a pretty sick setup. I used to think my Bottlerocket was sweet, but then I started dreaming about Knollys and now I've seen yours....

I feel a new project on the horizon......

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    A bit of everything...

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Hey Spoon Man - I currently only have 1 bike that I use for both northern and southern Utah. It is a full suspension with 6" of travel which is perfect for me when riding down south but overkill for the trails up north. I have been thinking about buying a 29er hardtail for the trails up north but I am not sure if I would ride it that much or not. I am just curious, how do you like your 29er hardtail? Do you ride ride your Cannondale more than your 29er?
    Last edited by NEUT; 07-09-2012 at 10:10 PM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    '12 Trek Remedy 8 and a '08 Trek 6000

I ride Northern Utah (Ogden area) trails primarily

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Rode up Armstrong tonight. The new Turner is just a ripper and climbs so well. Possibly the fastest climb I've done on that trail. Ran into some friends, and then also ran into a Mountain Trails Foundation employee with some tire issues on his 29er. Helped him out then possibly made the fastest descent I've ever done also on the new Sultan. The thing just f'ing rips...

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Beefy Knolly Delirium

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Anyone else riding in the wasatch enduro next weekend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dieselcruiserhead View Post
    Anyone else riding in the wasatch enduro next weekend?
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll likely be there spectating, new ride wont be finished.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast