mtbr member
    Oct 2012

upcoming ride/quick report thread

Going riding? Post up so others can join.

Been riding recently? Post pics and a report so we can hear about it.
    Last edited by sixstringsteve; 10-15-2012 at 01:39 PM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    I'll be riding Lambert today at 3:30. Meet at the church parking lot.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Had a great ride up at lambert yesterday. Train conditions were perfect. The amount of granite in the soil keeps it from getting muddy and sticky.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I see Lambert gets a lot of attention. Am I missing something? I've ridden out there a few times, but was bored. Timpooneke and anything in PC is way better and worth the extra time to get there. Even Corner Canyon on the other side of the mtn.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Everyone's got their favorite trails. I like Lambert for a few reasons:

1) It's 10 min from my house

2) It doesn't get muddy like the other trails in the area. Whenever we've had a lot of rain I can count on Lambert to still be rideable.

3) it's not crowded (maybe because people find it boring)

4) It's got a variety of terrain. There are rocky trails, flowy trails, etc.

5) there are a lot of different trails, so you can try a new one each time out.

6) it's easy. There aren't any insane climbs or insane descents. My wife isn't a MTBer but she can ride all those trails just fine and enjoy herself.

7) it's beautiful. My favorite trail for scenery is High Bench to Rodeo Up (Spring is nice too).

If you like DH trails with tabletops to fly off, Lambert is not going to be fun for you. if you like twisty singletrack that flows pretty well, I find it's a fun place. Rodeo down never gets old for me. I really like riding there at night as well.

This past weekend, corner canyon, AF Canyon, PC were all WAY too muddy to ride. That meant Lambert was the only option for me. I'd love to hear about other trails that are rideable on rainy days.

PC is great, but it's over an hour drive each way for me. Lambert is 10 min away from me, so that makes it great in its own right. Are there more fun trails around? Sure, but for quick impromptu rides when it's wet, Lambert is a great option for me.

Anyway, this thread isn't about the best trail in Utah, it's about posting up where you're riding in the future and where you've recently ridden. Think of it as a way to meet up with others to ride, and see some pics/details about trails you haven't. I should have taken a pic of the trails this past weekend and posted in this thread.
    Last edited by sixstringsteve; 10-15-2012 at 01:49 PM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    8. It is snow-free most of the year.

9. It has something for everyone. There are pretty steep climbs (middle spring and corkscrew), fairly flat trails for the family (high bench and river), flowy downhill (rodeo), technical-ish downhill (brown dog), and steady uphills (zag and white dog).

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    grandmastapoop, you'll have to take me on a tour there. I haven't found brown dog or corkscrew yet. Hit me up if you need a riding buddy. I've got a spare nightrider you can borrow if you're not set up for night riding.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Upcoming night ride:

Lambert Park: 10/25/12 9 PM.

I'll be riding this Thursday night. start at 9 PM. Lambert Park in Alpine, UT. Open to anyone. It'll be easy enough for beginners, but fun enough for intermediate riders.
    Last edited by sixstringsteve; 10-22-2012 at 08:45 PM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    I'll be riding Lambert tonight. I got my new bike all dialed in and I'm excited to take it out. It may be rainy, windy, and snowy, but we'll be out there tonight.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    had a killer night ride at Lambert last night. I'll be heading back tomorrow night if anyone wants to join.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Here's a video from our Gooseberry Mesa trip last month:

Gooseberry Mesa Trail 11.17.12.mp4 - YouTube

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Thnx for the vid. Such a great ride. I'm so grateful it's only an hour away.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    I'm jealous that you live so close. It was definitely worth the 4 hour drive to get there.