Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Trailside Grand Opening - Sat 6/18!

2K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  KRob 
#1 ·
Heads up for the Trailside Bike Park grand opening this Saturday, June 18th.

Many of you have probably already riden it, or may opt for a less festive time when
fewer riders will be around.

However, great sponsors, the media and, most importantly, Land Managers will be present! This is a prime opportunity to show them mass interest in addressing our
anemic Wasatch freeride scene. Open space managers and ski resort management will have visibility into this.

So if you are around this Saturday, please consider showing up even if it's to mull around
bike-less with a ham sandwich in hand for a few minutes. The more people present, the more exciting the Wasatch will be in the very near term.

Thanks for your support!

WAFTA

Link to info and directions to Trailside -> http://basinrecreation.org/trailside_park.html

Attachments

See less See more
#5 · (Edited)
Is this the new bike park near Park City? The map doesn't show where it is. (Edit: Nevermind, I found it)

I'll be in SLC this weekend for a conference and may be looking to hook up for some rides in the evenings Friday and/or Saturday. Is anyone doing the Road to Arcylon either of those evenings. I'd even be willing to man a shuffle or rake if that's what's going on.

Maybe I'll have to take off a little early Saturday to check out the grand opening at Trailside Bike Park too.

#12 ·
Love It!

I went up there unofficially just to take a look and ended up shooting a whole bunch of photos, doing a couple of embrassing runs and then writing and article about it today:

Trailside Bike Park Opening >>

I am super impressed with what Progressive Trail Design, the contractors, did. And I'm also really psyched that this is a publicly funded, free bike park. It's way better than I expected, and, dare I say it - better than anything the ski resorts here have to offer. It's really pretty sad when a public bike park is better than what a lift-assisted resort has to offer - especially in this area where we have so many resorts. You'd think at least one of them would step up and build something worthy. Now they're going to have to step it up even more if they want mountain biker money.

Here are a couple of photos from the official opening on Saturday, including one of Err.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.