mtbr member
    Sep 2008

Trails near Sandy Utah

I will be in Sandy Utah next weekend. One of my kids is playing soccer there. Hoping to do a little riding with the other kid to keep him engaged. Are there any trails nearby that are rideable this time of year? I mean really nearby... say within 30 minutes or so? The boy is only 12 and the schedule is tight so closeness/accessibility beats epicness this time . Thanks

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

depends how you define a trail.

The Jordan river parkway paved bike path is in sandy. its a pretty nice as far as paved bike routes go. Corner canyon is the closest true MTB area but conditions are probably dicey. Might be some rideable trail over there.
    Visiting St george/Hurricane? Stay at my vacation rental. Discounts for MTB's

http://www.vrbo.com/392904

PM me

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    you could ride dimple dell as well, but I'm not sure how good it is these days (I haven't been there in years)

Corner Canyon is your best bet. The weather's supposed to be great all week, so trails should be really nice by the weekend.

mtbr member
    From Sandy, you can get to any trail along the foothills of the Salt lake Valley within 30 minutes. So, if the weather and trails are good, your options would include any trail from the Bonneville Shoreline at the north end of the valley to Corner Canyon and Draper trails at the south end of the valley. Technically, you are closer to Draper and south valley trails.

visit this link to read about the low elevation trails in the area:
    Utah Mountain Bike Trail Index Page
    Click on Salt Lake Valley and then Low - "low elevation"

I have no idea on conditions of these trails right now. You will have to find a trail you like and ask or look through some of the other threads on the area to find out what is good to go and what isn't.

rpalmer
    Aug 2008
    Has anyone ridden up Corner Canyon lately? It looks like there might still be snow up near the top. I'm thinking about going up this afternoon but I don't want to deal with mud if its bad.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Thanks to all for the tips. We did the Kayesville section of the BST between soccer games in Centerville. Late in the afternoon, we drove to Corner Canyon. When we got there, I notice my son had fallen asleep and it was starting to rain. Seemed like a good time to go back to the hotel.

@trailgrinder
    Too bad I didn't catch this earlier I live 5 min from the kaysville bst, just 15 min north on you would have been at the Ogden section which is much nicer