mtbr member
    Jul 2013

Trail and bike rental in Logan

I am coming to Logan for work and would like to get a day of riding in. Can anyone suggest a bike shop to rent a bike and a good trail spot?

The Sentinel
    Sunrise Cyclery rents Giant bikes, I believe. 138 N. 100 E., Logan, UT 84321
    (435) 753-3294. As far as rides go, it depends on what you want...there's everything from easy cruises to long climbs. The classic Logan ride would probably be the Jardine Juniper trail. Jardine Juniper Trail
    Sworn to avenge, condemned to hell

Mtn Biker Machinist
    I just returned from a week at Bear Lake, and rode the Stump Hollow trail for the third time. Like most trails in UT, it is a climb on the way out, rippin' downhill on the way back. I have never ridden the other trails in Logan Canyon, and it is a bit further from Logan, but definitely worth it IMHO.

See here for more info:

Utah Mountain Biking - Trails, Information, Repairs

frog

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    I'll be coming up to Logan for school. Moving from Payson where we have the Nebo loop trails, it'll be sad to leave them. So is there a LOT of stuff up there, or just this Juniper thingy?

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Logan has some pretty good riding. Most the trails here involve quite a bit of climbing (1500-2000 feet over 4-5 miles is the norm). Juniper and Stump Hollow are plush and flowy and therefore very popular. Right Hand Fork branches off into 3 different tails (aka Ricks, Steel, Willow) that can be combined into some fun loop options. Richards Hollow and Bunchgrass offer longer riding options (20ish miles total with 7+ miles and 2500 vertical feet of single track decent). Green Canyon and Providence Canyon are too short and crowded for my taste, but they're right next to town and provide early and late season riding options. There are also several technical downhills (of varying degrees) if that's your thing.