Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Thunder Mountain Today

2K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  STT GUY 
#1 ·
Perfect! The rain has made the dirt into "hero" quality. Get up there early (T-Storms been coming up around noon) and ride it. The wife and I did it TWICE we liked it so much.

If ya can't clear everything with the trail in this condition you'll need to lay the blame on your bike.:p

#7 ·
We are leaving Moab bright and early tomorrow and plan on doing Thunder Mtn. to break up the long drive home.
There's been plenty of rain here and at the high elevations.
Does anyone local know how it's been at TM? Anyone? Please?

#10 ·
Thanks guys. The wind is out of my sails. Just going to go home and hug my dogs and plan for next year! We did some great rides but I really wanted Moonlight Meadow, The Whole Enchilada and Thunder. Luckily I did get in Burro to UPS. Ah well. I'll be back.

#11 ·
Howdy Utahn's....... Alaskan here........ Did it snow on Thunder mtn this past weekend?... A group a rider from AK are coming for our 10th year in row. Checkin out the conditions. Looks like a little snow in the Lasals... Thanks for any updates....

#15 ·
I'm riding there tomorrow. I'll try to remember to get on and post about it when I get back from my weekend trip. We're doing TR tomorrow (Friday) and either Gooseberry or Little Creek on Saturday. Its been warm (60s and 70s) and dry for the past few days so expect it will be all right.

#16 ·
I am planning on riding thunder mountain for the first time on friday. What is the average time that it takes to do this trail. We will only have one car so we will have to pedal up the redcanyon paved bike trail.

Also, I see that there is rain and snow in the forcast for today and tomorrow. Can anyone from the area give an opinion on whether this trail will be rideable on friday? Thanks

#17 ·
50% chance of rain Wed and the snow thurs AM. Personally I'd skip it. Too many other trails around that you want f#ck up riding wet, and T-Mtn is no fun when it is muddy. EDIT....Drive an hour and a half to two hours less to Gooseberry/Little Creek/St George and ride in shorts and a t-shirt:thumbsup:

#18 ·
One more question - We are driving up from Las Vegas and plan on taking I-15 to the UT-20, then driving through Panguitch on the UT-89 to the UT-12. I assume that this is the fastest way to get there. Does anyone have a different route that they would recommed? Thanks again

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.