School Bites

Sundance any good DH runs?

I haven't been to Sundance for a couple years and hope things have changed. Last time I was there they had 1 DH run and it didn't flow very well. The other runs are okay, but nothing like the Canyons.

Have they made any improvements over the past couple years or are they still minimalists?
    "Get this man a milkshake. Might have to show him how to use the straw though." -kidwoo

mtbr member
    Same as of last season.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    i can't compare to Canyons, but your description of Sundance is somewhat accurate. Though I think there may be some changes since you rode there last. Rock 'n' Roll is pretty fun and flowy, but it's short, just like everything else there, except for the long single track that goes around the mountain to the front.

School Bites
    Thanks. Good thing season passes are cheap there.
    "Get this man a milkshake. Might have to show him how to use the straw though." -kidwoo

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I always have a blast and there is enough technical terrain to keep things interesting. I ride a black and red 2007 Stumpjumper with a black 661 full face helmet. maybe i'll see you up there and can show you around.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    I think Sundance is fun early season, mostly cause it dries up before anything else and Im itching to ride something sorta DH.
    Want a one of a kind bike? Message me for a one of a kind paint job.

The internet is a tough place to ride

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by thedrew55 View Post
    I always have a blast and there is enough technical terrain to keep things interesting. I ride a black and red 2007 Stumpjumper with a black 661 full face helmet. maybe i'll see you up there and can show you around.
    Sundance isn't the most challenging place to ride, but it is fun. I usually end up riding there once or twice a season, usually when relatives are in town who want to ride, but aren't up for a tough day or a lot of climbing. I actually prefer it to Deer Valley (although I haven't been to DV for a few years now, 'cuz Sundance is way cheaper). Haven't been to Canyons yet, though (hopefully in a couple months!).
    '11 Specialized Enduro Expert for the trails
    '13 Felt Z4 for the road

mtbr member
    Both courses that are used in the Utah DH race series are a blast!
    wannabee gaper

School Bites
    Quote Originally Posted by thedrew55 View Post
    I'll probably end up getting a pass, so keep an eye out for me. I ride a raw Nomad. See you on the trail!