Moose Member

Stolen bike in the Provo Area

Got outta my art class today (I'm at BYU btw) only to discover My lock had been cut, and my baby, my 2008 Rocky Mountain Slayer SS was gone... that's it. gone... I worked my ass off for two years to get that, and in minutes, it's gone. It literally makes me sick.

anywho, I'll live, but I know ya'll are all over Craigslist and Ebay, So I was hoping ya'll could keep an eye out for it. I'm in utah obviously, so It will probably travel out of Provo, and into a bordering area or something. I heard it might end up in the UofU area...

It's easily identifiable because theres a nice old crack in the seat tube where the clamp sits, and the top cap on the fork is a completely custom purple top cap that says something to the effect of "Demon dirt sea otter crew 2010"

The fork (fox 36 talas R) is brown but looks blackish, and the shock is an x-fusion O2 that was custom made for Brian Miller, and has a eagle or similar bird on it. Red bars, and some sick Sensus Swayze lock ons to top it off.

I know ya'll can't do much, but It makes me feel better knowing that some people will be checking other area craigslists and such. I can't check them all...

Pic to top it off

Stolen bike in the Provo Area-new-suspension.jpg

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Hard lesson learned, never ever take ur eye off a nice bike EVER. If so it will be gone in 5 minutes.

You need to wake up, 45 million on food stamps, hundreds of thousands of phd s working **** jobs. Tens of thousands of grads working at resteraunts. The economy is totaly destroyed and all obama can focus on is gun control and spending more money and engaging in war all over the planet.

People are super desperate and will steal anything.

Manhole covers, copper from baseball feild lighting systems.

In reality this is your fault. Putting a fs bike outside with a crappy lock. Pfffff you big dummy.
    Might as well put a gold bar on a platter and left it for everyone to see.

Guess you wont be doing that again.

YOU ARE SURROUNDED BY THEIFS 24/7

WISEUP.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mjs1231 View Post
    Hard lesson learned, never ever take ur eye off a nice bike EVER. If so it will be gone in 5 minutes.

You need to wake up, 45 million on food stamps, hundreds of thousands of phd s working **** jobs. Tens of thousands of grads working at resteraunts. The economy is totaly destroyed and all obama can focus on is gun control and spending more money and engaging in war all over the planet.

In reality this is your fault. Putting a fs bike outside with a crappy lock. Pfffff you big dummy.

WISEUP.
    Pretty lame assessment. For the op will keep an eye out sorry to hear your bike got jacked

YRG
    mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    That sucks. Hope it shows up, it's not unheard of.
    mjs1231 ? gotta agree with cman8 Totally lame. Way to try to kick someone when they are down.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Better get a grip on reality boys..... down here in fl, ur bike will be ganked in just minutes if left out.

I see the teenager punks on different bikes every week. Bike that dont fit them, diff colors.

But i tell ya what. Just be positive, no matter what happens just stay positive.

Loose bike, just be positive, everything is fine.

Break leg..., dont get up set, stay positive and make beleive it doesnt effect you.

Loose ur job and have to go on food stamps, NO PROBLEM, just stay positive.

Wreck that nice car, no worries, be positive.

No matter what, be positive and everything is fine.
    Lol

The generation born in the 80s till now have zero morals and dont think twice about stealing anything.

Its a statistical fact, go see fbi crime stats, it tells the real story the whore corporate media wont put on tv.

Infowars.com

Because there is a war on... for your mind.

Swimming thru the Smog
    Apr 2011
    Riding a FS bike like that around with a cuttable lock is just asking for trouble. Ill watch for it tho.

Suckin wind like a boss
    Better get a grip on reality boys..... down here in fl, ur bike will be ganked in just minutes if left out.

I see the teenager punks on different bikes every week. Bike that dont fit them, diff colors.

But i tell ya what. Just be positive, no matter what happens just stay positive.

Loose bike, just be positive, everything is fine.

Break leg..., dont get up set, stay positive and make beleive it doesnt effect you.

Loose ur job and have to go on food stamps, NO PROBLEM, just stay positive.

Wreck that nice car, no worries, be positive.

No matter what, be positive and everything is fine.
    Lol

The generation born in the 80s till now have zero morals and dont think twice about stealing anything.

Its a statistical fact, go see fbi crime stats, it tells the real story the whore corporate media wont put on tv.

Infowars.com

Because there is a war on... for your mind.
    really dude? this is all you have to offer? alex jones?
    If you arent bleeding, you arent riding hard enough.
    http://about.me/bigterry

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch3637 View Post
    I don't need sex. My life fvcks me daily.

addict
    If you haven't already, file a police report. They won't do much, but the serial number (hope you have it) will go on a database that pawn shops have to check before they can sell a bike. If it does turn up, they can ID you as the owner. Then check all the local pawn shops your self. If you have homeowners or renters insurance, you should be covered. Good luck, I'll keep an eye out.
    And spend a few bucks on a bada$$ lock.
    Ride On!

Moose Member
    thanks for the help, except mjs... Anywho, I'm getting ahold of the original owner to get the serial number, I usually ride my old junker hardtail to class, but the tire was flat and had to ride this bike just once. That was a mistake. It's a relatively new bike to me, and I didn't write down the serial number (learned that the hard way).

I have homeowner insurance, I'm figuring that out now, and the lock company might cover a bit of the cost.

I found a lock that is $70 and if your bike gets stolen they guarantee to pay $2500 to replace it (or whatever the bikes cost is...) I know what lock I'm getting next...

I've got all bike shops in the area notified, and I'm in the process of calling all pawnshops in a 15 mile radius (if not more...)

I'm going to contact a few big name stores in Salt Lake (like GoRide) and a few pawn shops in Salt lake and let them know as well. I'm really just praying the original owner can get me a serial number.

I know I screwed up, I'm just asking that if you spot a RM Slayer in a shop window or on the street, check out the seat tube. If it's cracked, tell the store owner (or do it yourself) to contact BYU police or some sort of police and let them know the bike is stolen, or let me know and I'll handle it.

Moose Member
    Called a few pawn shops today, and they said that they are required to enter all available information about the bike into a police database, like brand, frame model, parts, etc, and not just serial number.... Serial number is the only way they can trace it if it is out of state though.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Bummer, good luck man!

And mjs1231 should just be banned, what a horrible unproductive couple of posts.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    My bike got stolen from the Tanner building last summer while I was inside for about an hour. Came back out to find my lock laying on the ground cut. I know how you feel with that sick feeling. Anyway - I walked right on up and reported it to the cops. The bike turned up the very next day in a south Provo pawn shop which the cops found because the pawn shop entered my serial number into the police database. Good news is I got my bike back and now the jerk is in jail for grand theft. Good luck, if I were you I would drive around and check the local pawn shops just in case, most of these guys are not actually that bright and just try to get rid of it quick for drug money.
    Bear Down

Moose Member
    Hahahaha woah! So this just happened... about 8 months later. Good ride this weekend.

What a Weekend... on Pinkbike

By the way, if the guy riding my bike is on here, thanks for being so honest with the police and not trying to hide stuff. I appreciate it and I owe you.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Moosey View Post
    Hahahaha woah! So this just happened... about 8 months later. Good ride this weekend.

What a Weekend... on Pinkbike

By the way, if the guy riding my bike is on here, thanks for being so honest with the police and not trying to hide stuff. I appreciate it and I owe you.
    Sooo... What happened?

mtbr member
    May 2012

WISEUP.
    dick

Your Best Friend
    I don't get it either.

banned
    Feb 2014
    moosey did you get your bike back??!!!