mtbr member
    Apr 2008

StGeorge Paradise Cnyn

Maybe old news to everyone but was new to me as I haven't rode the trail for a while. The chuckawala trail part leading up to Beck Hill trail is way sandy, 4-6" of fine red sand pretty much unridable (at least for on outashape guy like me ). Kind of sucks I really liked taking that trail up Beck Hill then down Turtle wall. Just thought I'd throw it out wasn't much fun pushing the bike a good 1/4 mile. Still love paradise canyon for a quick afterwork (soon to be before work, over 100 tommorrow) ride just stay away from that section!

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Yeah that part of the trail sucks, we started parking at the park area and riding down through the neighborhood and looping from there just to avoid the sand trap. Still a good trail but hate the way the neighbors give you dirty looks when you roll through with a rack full o bikes looking for a spot to drop off.

Bike Snob
    Thread-jack; Have you seen the condition of Stucki lately?

What was once a great xc single track is now a 4wheeler hiway.

NMBP
    Quote Originally Posted by can't get right
    Thread-jack; Have you seen the condition of Stucki lately?

What was once a great xc single track is now a 4wheeler hiway.
    Call the BLM and complain. The St George BLM seems to not give a crap about illegal trail use by ATV's. They promised to put up signs on Little Creek 6 months ago, and still nothing is done.

I rode with the IMBA trail crew, Anne & Jason a few weeks ago and they are trying to get an advocacy group started in St George. Here's a good chance to get vocal on some of these issues.
    Riding Fat and still just as fast as I never was.

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    Quote Originally Posted by crashtestdummy
    I rode with the IMBA trail crew, Anne & Jason a few weeks ago and they are trying to get an advocacy group started in St George. Here's a good chance to get vocal on some of these issues.
    Anna and Jason had lots of good advice for us with WAFTA. Definitely cool cats, great riders and all-around fine people. Setting up your own group that can work with the BLM is the only way to get stuff done.

JMH

Bike Snob
    Quote Originally Posted by crashtestdummy
    Call the BLM and complain. The St George BLM seems to not give a crap about illegal trail use by ATV's. .
    Are Anne & Jason local?

NMBP
    Quote Originally Posted by can't get right
    Are Anne & Jason local?
    No, they are 1/2 of the traveling trail crew. They were suppose to get back to me with a contact for the advocacy group. I haven't heard from them yet though. If you would like to contact them, their email address is on this page IMBA staff
    Riding Fat and still just as fast as I never was.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    The St George BLM seems to not give a crap about illegal trail use by ATV's. They promised to put up signs on Little Creek 6 months ago, and still nothing is done.
    I wouldn't say they don't give a crap but they are very inconsistant about enforcing stuff. I come from the other side riding motorcycles. You see them out there and ride right by them without them saying anything. Next day they freak out and start handing out tickets.