SXtreem now

St.George, Pres. weekend update thread...

A group of us are going down to george for some riding pres. weekend, We will be riding sunday/monday.

Post here on trail conditions in the area this week.

mtbr member
    We rode the Zen Trail on Saturday and it was rideable, however there was still snow in spots and a couple of places where there was short sections of ice. From the Zen we could see Green Valley and we could see a few riders. It looked okay on the lower portion but we talked to a couple of riders who tried to do Stuki Springs and they said that they were pushing their bikes. The race course looked okay but the washes would have been muddy. http://www.mtbguru.com/trip/edit/4187-the-zen-trail

mtbr member

Bear Claw Poppy Trail System.

With the recent moisture the clay is full of water. When it Freez's at night it pulls the water to the surface so the mornings can be unridable, like ridding through peanut butter. In the afternoon it is probably ridable but you'll be plowing ruts, making those trails rutted and rough when it finally does dry up this spring.

It's a good time to ride the other stuff around. Zen, Barrel Rolls, The Barrel Roll and the Race Coarse are in fantastic shape.
    Church Rocks is slickrock so of coarse it's good.
    Pioneer Rim to City Creek to Paridise Canyon are all ok individually but linked all together is a great ride. They also have great views of the surrounding area and some slick rock to explore.
    Enjoy The Ride!

oootard

Thanks for the invite.

Freebird and I are heading down on Friday. I will be there until at least Sunday, maybe Monday. My girlie is coming too, so we will do some Zion hiking, road riding, etc. too. I am bringing the big bike and plan on hitting new trails in the Virgin area with Freebird. Call me for details - undisclosed location, locals may get pissed.

doc

NOT Team Sanchez
    If you can throw down you're welcome to come and ride with team sanchez on saturday or monday morning, we usually go at 7 and we'll most likely do the barrels and mustache trails. BTW the only thing locals get pissed off is the car traffic outta towners bring other than that if you'll say hi on the trails you'll be fine.
    I like bikes.

oootard

I was referring to the locals outside of St. George. I have met some of the builders in the area who don't want their goods disclosed. Hence, I am not posting them here on the interweb.

Thanks for the invite though.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Did any of yesterdays storm hit you guys in ST George?

Team Sanchez
    Yeah. We got some serious wind and a bit of rain, but by Saturday the trails in the St. George area will be tacky and primo for riding. I was up on the Barrel/Mustache yesterday evening, and the dirt was in great shape. Here's some pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images

SXtreem now
    I cant wait!! Any word on the riding conditions on Zen, Goose, or Little Creek?

over researcher
    My wife's talking about heading down on Friday to St. George to visit her aunt & uncle. If we go, I'm down for a Saturday ride. Sorry El Chingon, no serious jumping for me though. I only have a Flux. I'm out of riding shape too. Plenty of snow in Mtn Green this winter.

Team Sanchez
    I rode Barrels/Mustache this morning. The dirt was perfect. Zen will be in great shape too. As for Goose and Little Creek, they are going to be super sloppy for at least another week assuming the weather holds. I'd stick to the lower elevation rides like Church Rocks, Paradise, Barrels, Zen, and possibly Bear Claw, although I've heard that Bear Claw could still be soft in spots. I'll be out on Zen and Barrels tomorrow morning around 8:00am.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Is team sanchez still going sat. at 7? I'm in town for the parade of homes and am looking for a group ride to check out some of the local trails. If you are, where are you meeting?

mtbr member
    Sounds like a lot of good choices for this weekend. A buddy and I want to do Gould/Jem Hurricane on Monday. Any report on conditions there? If it's crummy now, any chance good by Monday?

Thanks!

over researcher
    Quote Originally Posted by royta
    My wife's talking about heading down on Friday to St. George to visit her aunt & uncle. If we go, I'm down for a Saturday ride. Sorry El Chingon, no serious jumping for me though. I only have a Flux. I'm out of riding shape too. Plenty of snow in Mtn Green this winter.
    Uhhh, I was talking about next weekend. Whoops.

NOT Team Sanchez
    Hey Krankin we'll be meeting at 8 am at the top of Canyon View Dr., If you know where the Green Valley Spa is then you'll be ok. If you have trouble finding it go ahead and give me a call. 435-669-2742
    I like bikes.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by wasea04
    ...we'll be meeting at 8 am at the top of Canyon View Dr.
    I'm in. I'll be coming from Ely tomorrow morning so I'll be pushing to get there on time. If you have to leave before I get there, leave me some bread crumbs to follow.

Or give me a call and let me know which direction you're heading. Barrels first or Zen. Cell phone 775-296-2162

NOT Team Sanchez
    I just talked with El C and we're going to be doing the barrels, mustache, and then we'll be dong the old wash instead of Zen. You know how it works, 8 am will actually become 8:30 'cause someone will forget their helmet or a flat. If nothing unusual happens and we roll right at 8, we'll be heading up the hill to ride the barrels .
    I like bikes.

NOT Team Sanchez
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyspoke
    Sounds like a lot of good choices for this weekend. A buddy and I want to do Gould/Jem Hurricane on Monday. Any report on conditions there? If it's crummy now, any chance good by Monday?

Thanks!

CLAY!, that's what those trails are primarily composed of. I don't know for sure, but there's a very high chance they may be slimy still.
    I like bikes.

SXtreem now
    I'm a day late! Sunday and Monday should be awesome though. post how your rides go tomorrow, and trail conditions.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    I didn't get your post in time but thanks for responding. I ended up at church rock with some other folks. I'll have to try your loop tomorrow morning.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I heard from fred @ Zion Cycles that the jem was still greasy yesterday afternoon (sunday), that means the upper sections (goulds) are bound to be turbo grease still due to the higher altitudes.