mtbr member

St George/Hurricane gravel grinder needs

So I'm I'm comming to the area Friday and will be staying for ten days. The Zion hiking part is all planned out and I may be renting a bike for a day to do one of your must do rides. However, I'm bringing my travel bike and need some insider info on what would be the gotta do gravel grinder there.

Climbing is good
    Views are good
    Mileage will be dependent on the heat. A metric would be nice

Cheers
    "if you can't be good, be good at it."

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Ridin

I am not 100% sure what a gravel grinder is but if I understand correctly silver reef road could be a good canidiate. You can ride to silver reef from downtown st geroge via the prospertor trail and then loop around the the mountain road and return to SG. The whole loop is probably 40 miles +
    Visiting St george/Hurricane? Stay at my vacation rental. Discounts for MTB's

http://www.vrbo.com/392904

PM me

I'd rather be biking...
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedalfaraway View Post
    I am not 100% sure what a gravel grinder is but if I understand correctly silver reef road could be a good canidiate. You can ride to silver reef from downtown st geroge via the prospertor trail and then loop around the the mountain road and return to SG. The whole loop is probably 40 miles +
    aka "The Turkey Farm Loop"

Dino cliffs to church rocks to prospector to silver reef up oak grove road hang left on dirt road towards washington up to icehouse and icehouse down to green springs.

Trail can be rode clockwise also but avoid riding up lower icehouse trail. Take old dump road up to broken mesa and then up and over to icehouse and back down into silver reef.

Explore More
    Quote Originally Posted by shelbster15 View Post
    aka "The Turkey Farm Loop"

Dino cliffs to church rocks to prospector to silver reef up oak grove road hang left on dirt road towards washington up to icehouse and icehouse down to green springs.

Trail can be rode clockwise also but avoid riding up lower icehouse trail. Take old dump road up to broken mesa and then up and over to icehouse and back down into silver reef.

Ride it counterclockwise. It is a really good loop!

Here is more info on this loop from 2-epic.
    2 Epic Church Rocks – Prospector – Leeds Reef – Silver Reef – Icehouse – Dino Cliffs

Got a longer 100 miler that extends that loop. Here is a link to some info and pics on a beta/exploratory version we did this past weekend.
    TR: 2 days, 100 miles around St George, Utah

mtbr member
    Very cool. Thanks.
    Now, can you guys turn down the thermostat when I get there?
    "if you can't be good, be good at it."