mtbr member

St. George/Hurkin or Moab this weekend?

Anyone interested in hooking up for some riding this Saturday? Goose, Grafton, Little Creek, Zen/Barrels, etc? wasea04, Shelbster, furrykid? Anyone up for some AM/FR/DH shennanigans?

I basically only have Friday evening and Saturday to ride so Moab may be a bit of a stretch with a 6 hour drive but still trying to decide.

How about Moab conditions? The ground is still mostly dry over that way right? Mag7 to Portal? Amasa to Rockstacker? A**? Something different perhaps? Jwind, JMH, hfly? Anyone up for some riding on the rocks?

NOT Team Sanchez
    We are going to either session a local freeride trail, or help build one and then session it.....I'll let you know Kent.
    I like bikes.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Moab looks sunny and warm, but St. George will be warmer.

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    C and I are moving back down to Moab until the busy season again this year. Call me if you're in the area on another weekend since Saturday is Moving Day and I don't believe you ride on Sunday?

JMH

I'd rather be biking...
    I could be up for shenanigans Saturday in STG cuz I might be out on LC or Goose Sunday

More Chasmism
    Parents in town through the weekend for Maddie's birthday (today).

hfly

"A**" -- made me smile

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by hfly View Post
    Parents in town through the weekend for Maddie's birthday (today).

hfly

"A**" -- made me smile
    Happy birthday to Maddie!!! Two-year-olds are a ton of fun. We had Sophia all last week to help out her parents who are up to their armpits in school, work and morning sickness. I forgot how much fun (and work) toddlers can be.

I knew you'd get the reference. How's the achilles?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JMH View Post
    C and I are moving back down to Moab until the busy season again this year. Call me if you're in the area on another weekend since Saturday is Moving Day and I don't believe you ride on Sunday?

JMH
    I figured it was about time for you guys to be heading down there again. Hopefully we can hook up later in the Spring before it gets too crazy.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by wasea04 View Post
    We are going to either session a local freeride trail, or help build one and then session it.....I'll let you know Kent.
    Quote Originally Posted by shelbster15 View Post
    I could be up for shenanigans Saturday in STG
    Thanks guys.
    These two activities don't have to be mutually exclusive do they? Let's get together.
    Keep me posted.

Paste eater
    Out of town. If the weather is as good NEXT weekend we were making noise about Mag 7.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I am probably going to be wrenching @ Zion Cycles on friday morning but could easily be talked into an afternoon Grafton if it works. Saturday I'll be wrenching @ OTE in Hurricane all day. So I'm out there for sure. Let me know if you end up coming up to Z town.

NOT Team Sanchez
    I've conferred with Team Sanchez leadership, and we'll be riding the Barrels+ at 7 AM this Saturday morning. All are welcome!
    I like bikes.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the invite Allen. I'm bringing a buddy and will try and do Zen or Barrels when we get there this evening (if there's still some daylight left), then we're heading out to Hurricane to spend the night.

Looks like we'll be doing Gooseberry and/or Little Creek tomorrow.

I'll give you a call if things change.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by furrykid View Post
    I am probably going to be wrenching @ Zion Cycles on friday morning but could easily be talked into an afternoon Grafton if it works. Saturday I'll be wrenching @ OTE in Hurricane all day. So I'm out there for sure. Let me know if you end up coming up to Z town.
    We probably won't be getting into St. George until 5:00 or 6:00 let alone Rockville, so we'll probably just hit something in St. George this evening. Thanks for the off though.

We will be coming to Hurricane tomorrow for Goose and/or LC so may stop in the shop to pick up some things. Hopefully we'll get to meet you.

inexperienced at large
    Apr 2011
    Alright, so I lived in La Verkin for about 10 months-which honestly wasn't enjoyable, but I noticed people through words like La Verkin and Hurricane around like they were the same word. So is the term "Hurkin" putting into text what I heard locals saying?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ehigh View Post
    Alright, so I lived in La Verkin for about 10 months-which honestly wasn't enjoyable, but I noticed people through words like La Verkin and Hurricane around like they were the same word. So is the term "Hurkin" putting into text what I heard locals saying?
    Right. Hurricane-------> Rhymes with La Verkin

inexperienced at large
    Apr 2011
    I don't know about it rhyming, but I heard a number of people say Hurrkknnn and LaVrrknn/L'Vrrkn and sometimes it definitely just came out as Rkknnnn

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    the best is...... I'm at a gas station and I hear, "Where did you grow up?" The response; "L.A." ...........................(wait for it)........................... "Verkin."

inexperienced at large
    Apr 2011
    I was one of the "crazies" in a reformatory in LV when I was there, so I didn't really get out much. The staff there definitely brought in the vibe though. They seemed to take pride in being themselves though, so power to them. I just got to look up at a hill from a courtyard and read "LV" on a hill.