Results 1 to 25 of 25
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    13

    St. George DH and FR hookups

    Anybody down here in SG want to hit some DH or FR trails sometime between now and the end of the year? We've had pretty extraordinary weather this winter so far. Hasn't gotten tooo cold to ride but I'm ancy to find some new trails. I know there must be a few that I don't know about yet.

  2. #2
    NOT Team Sanchez
    Reputation: wasea04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,966
    We have a group that rides three-four times a week, you're welcome to join us......we'll be heading out somewhere locally this Saturday afternoon.
    I like bikes.

  3. #3
    Bike Snob
    Reputation: can't get right's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,230
    Quote Originally Posted by wasea04 View Post
    ......we'll be heading out somewhere locally this Saturday afternoon.
    You just think you are. You're married now and Saturday is Christmas Eve.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by wasea04 View Post
    We have a group that rides three-four times a week, you're welcome to join us......we'll be heading out somewhere locally this Saturday afternoon.
    Cool, yeah I should be able to make it. Have something around 5:30 pm, but anytime before that. Any idea where you guys are riding?

  5. #5
    NOT Team Sanchez
    Reputation: wasea04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,966
    Haha, Nice Mark, you're right although my wife is super awesome thus cool with me riding even on the eve of Christmas. dzilla, we'll probably end up doing the Barrels, or perhaps something else similar......
    I like bikes.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    13
    Cool. Barrels sounds good. I haven't rode that for quite a while.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: roguebuilder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    214
    Sorry for bumping so many threads. Each one has seemed relevent at one time or another today. I am now getting desperate to ride and may need a partner.

    At the moment, I am planning on coming down solo. I am really really hoping to do a lap on Grafton Mesa and maybe some other stuff in the area or Virgin.

    Let me know if anyone would like to ride tomorrow (Wednesday, Dec 28th)

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    105
    I might be in! I just "p.m.-ed" my situation...... holla @ me.

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: roguebuilder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    214
    Quote Originally Posted by furrykid View Post
    I might be in! I just "p.m.-ed" my situation...... holla @ me.
    Allright! It's been a while since we've pedaled. I just resent you my info as well. Hope to bike with you.

  10. #10
    NOT Team Sanchez
    Reputation: wasea04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,966
    I'm out Shaun y Bill, my ankle's still smarting from a tumble up there a month ago.....if you're ever in St.George though.....
    I like bikes.

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    9,925
    Quote Originally Posted by roguebuilder View Post
    Sorry for bumping so many threads. Each one has seemed relevent at one time or another today. I am now getting desperate to ride and may need a partner.

    At the moment, I am planning on coming down solo. I am really really hoping to do a lap on Grafton Mesa and maybe some other stuff in the area or Virgin.

    Let me know if anyone would like to ride tomorrow (Wednesday, Dec 28th)
    I may be down Friday or Saturday and would love to do a Grafton lap or two.... maybe check out some other things as well.

    What are you guys doing Saturday wasea04?

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: roguebuilder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    214
    The riding was awesome 2 weeks ago. Grafton was in really great shape and the weather was nice.

    I am coming back down on Wed and staying through the weekend. Main purpose is for work. I'll also have the wife and kid with me this time. So, I may only get one day of biking in. But, would love to hook up if anyone is around.

    Sorry to be so narrow minded in my trail selection; but, I'm looking at Grafton again with maybe some Redbull.

    Give a shout if anyone wants to ride. Thurs or Fri will most likely be the day. If my Bro-in-law comes down with his fam... Sat will be the ride day.

  13. #13
    ito
    ito is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    167
    Quote Originally Posted by roguebuilder View Post
    The riding was awesome 2 weeks ago. Grafton was in really great shape and the weather was nice.

    I am coming back down on Wed and staying through the weekend. Main purpose is for work. I'll also have the wife and kid with me this time. So, I may only get one day of biking in. But, would love to hook up if anyone is around.

    Sorry to be so narrow minded in my trail selection; but, I'm looking at Grafton again with maybe some Redbull.

    Give a shout if anyone wants to ride. Thurs or Fri will most likely be the day. If my Bro-in-law comes down with his fam... Sat will be the ride day.
    Can ride Thursday morning. Never ridden Grafton, but happy to check out different trails in the area. Let me know if you're Thursday works for you.

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation: roguebuilder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    214
    Quote Originally Posted by ito View Post
    Can ride Thursday morning. Never ridden Grafton, but happy to check out different trails in the area. Let me know if you're Thursday works for you.
    I'll keep you posted. I won't know my exact schedule for work vs play until Tue or Wed.

  15. #15
    oootard
    Reputation: drboudreaux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    498
    Thanks for making me homesick Shaun. Utah....

    Have fun.

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation: roguebuilder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    214
    Quote Originally Posted by drboudreaux View Post
    Thanks for making me homesick Shaun. Utah....

    Have fun.
    What are you doing in here? Shouldn't you be hanging out in a Texas forum?

    When I first saw you had posted, I thought you might be in Utah ready to head south and ride. Lapping the canyon all day was fun last time you came out. Looking forward to your next bike/check on house visit.

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation: roguebuilder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    214
    Quote Originally Posted by ito View Post
    Let me know if you're Thursday works for you.
    Thursday if for sure out.

    I have to stop at Ruby's Inn/Bryce Canyon for work Wed/Thurs. Most likely will be riding Friday maybe Saturday.

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    9,925
    Quote Originally Posted by roguebuilder View Post
    Thursday if for sure out.

    I have to stop at Ruby's Inn/Bryce Canyon for work Wed/Thurs. Most likely will be riding Friday maybe Saturday.
    If the weather holds out and I can slip away I may be able to do Friday PM and/or Saturday.

    Mmmm Grafton.

  19. #19
    NOT Team Sanchez
    Reputation: wasea04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,966
    Clandestine activities this Saturday for the Sanchez boys.....
    I like bikes.

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation: roguebuilder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    214
    Quote Originally Posted by KRob View Post
    If the weather holds out and I can slip away I may be able to do Friday PM and/or Saturday.

    Mmmm Grafton.
    Krob - PM sent. Anyone else who may be able to ride FRIDAY, PM me and I'll give you my cell # for a meet up.

    Others who may have joined my fam down south are staying home to ski because snow has finally decided it will make an appearance this winter. Saturday will be my family day and Friday will be my work/ride day.

  21. #21
    oootard
    Reputation: drboudreaux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    498
    I should be in town Feb 29 - March 4. Riding anyone? Would be sweet to get together with wasea, rogue, the Prof, etc. for some so. Utah riding.

  22. #22
    NOT Team Sanchez
    Reputation: wasea04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,966
    Doc, That sounds great, are you guys going to actually come ride SG or just Virgin
    I like bikes.

  23. #23
    oootard
    Reputation: drboudreaux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    498
    Tix are booked. I would like to come to StG as well as Virgin. As head trail gnome, can you tell me whether *Barrels* is riding awesome still? I assume that it is, and would love to hit that, though living in the flat lands for the last 8 months may have messed with my head. Thus, I will have to get my mojo back, and hopefully quickly.

    I should be there Thursday through Saturday. I am not sure when the others may come down, but prolly not til Friday afternoon. So yeah, we should hit Barrels on Thursday night. I will ride XCish on Thursday day or go to Zion and enjoy the weather and scenery. It has been too long.

  24. #24
    NOT Team Sanchez
    Reputation: wasea04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,966
    Sounds good....'til then.
    I like bikes.

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    9,925
    Wife is off visiting her Sister and son in off on a scout campout this weekend so I'm thinking of heading down to St. George/Hurricane for some riding.

    Would love to do Grafton, Little Creek, or anything that sounds fun if anyone's up for some riding. LMK.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-29-2009, 04:24 PM
  2. Hey George, many thanks
    By castersup in forum Nevada
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-29-2007, 01:51 PM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-02-2006, 08:43 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •