mtbr member
    May 2012

St. George Area Riders

Hi folks,

I moved to St. George last fall and had a string of injuries, the last being a broken elbow.. they have kept me from biking consistently. So I've had trouble meeting folks to ride with down here! I'm registering for some enduro / super-d events in the region for the summer to keep me motivated through physical therapy. If anyone would like to ride, I'm just getting back on the bike here in the next couple weeks. Finally! I primarily ride trail / enduro stuff, but would enjoy riding pretty much anything with a good group of people. PM or reply and let me know if you'd like to ride soon!

PS: If anyone in the area is going to be doing any of the enduro / superd events, I'd love to do some training rides! (Fears, tears beers, Utah Gravity series etc..)

-Tom

NOT Team Sanchez
    Welcome, there's a small group that heads out at the crack of dawn Tues, Thurs, and Sat to ride the Barrels, Zen, etc. Did FTB in 2009 and was blown/rained/sleeted/snowed/hailed off the mountain, and I'm going to try it again this year.
    I like bikes.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Join the Red Rock Bicycles facebook page. They have group rides every week that they announce on facebook. Or just stop by the shop and ask about group rides. OTE sports in hurricane also does a weekly group ride.
    Visiting St george/Hurricane? Stay at my vacation rental. Discounts for MTB's

http://www.vrbo.com/392904

PM me

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by wasea04 View Post
    Did FTB in 2009 and was blown/rained/sleeted/snowed/hailed off the mountain, and I'm going to try it again this year.
    Heck yeah. That's the spirit! Can't guarantee good weather but I can promise a good time.

NOT Team Sanchez
    I was negative for a little while, and I apologize for that, Kent. I wear my participation in the gnarliest FTB that I'm aware of as a badge of honor! It's a great event, and I'm excited to go back.
    I like bikes.

MTB Mamba
    May 2007
    You can also join the Utah DH group on facebook as well. The most active members are from down here in St. George (since we started it).

I generally post on there every week or two looking for people to help shuttle Grafton, Flying Monkey, etc...and LOTS of people flake.

I'm by far the slowest/least skilled rider in the group I think, but I enjoy it at my speed and don't mind being left behind in the dust.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Awesome thanks guys! I'm in PT right now and hoping to be riding easier stuff within e couple weeks. I'd love to lap Grafton once I'm 100% and prepare for FTB with anyone going. When my elbow allows a ride, I'll post and try to get in touch with all of you.

Thanks,

Tom

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    M wife and I are in St George right now for the week. Always enjoy riding with others. We are staying right up near the trailhead to Zen. If anyone wants to get together for a ride PM me