Thread: St. George

bro not pro

St. George

Looking for information on St George. What's it like, slickrock ? sand ? rocks ? Lot's of rides ? how many day's worth ? weather ? camping ? maps ? etc. any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    G O N Z

mtbr member

Re: St. George

St. George is desert riding with a lot of variation in trail type. Sand, loose rock, and broken up slickrock make up the majority of the trails, along with some smooth rolling single track. Gooseberry Mesa, Little Creek Mesa, Church Rocks, Broken Mesa, Green Valley/Bear Claw Poppy, JEM/Hurricane Loop, and Stucki Springs are all great trails. I personally think that we have as much to offer as Moab. Granted we donít have THE Slickrock trail, and Porcupine Rim (one of my all time favorites) but over all I think we offer great variety with a large trail network. Check out http://www.utahmountainbiking.com for more info on St. George and all of Utah. Also, if you make it out this far you might want to check out what Las Vegas, NV has to offer with Bootleg Canyon and Red Rock Canyon.

Kearsarge crawler

I have one day...

to ride in St. George before my tour starts. What's a good day trail that is close to town.

Luddite technophile
    Quote Originally Posted by minkhiller
    to ride in St. George before my tour starts. What's a good day trail that is close to town.
    Close to town, I would recommend bearclaw/poppy. Hang a left at the bottom of clavicle hill and enjoy a great rollor coaster ride to Bloomington. If that's too short, return on the roller coaster to the bottom of clavicle hill and take the other branch which is the Stucki Springs trail. It is also quite fun. Don't do either trail if it has just rained though (unlikely).

But, if at all possible, instead take the hour drive to Goosebery Mesa and do it.

Check out the web site mentioned above for details.

Kearsarge crawler

Great

Great thanks for the info.